“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Brother of the bandits Baron Flynt and Captain Flynt, Zane left them to join a black-ops unit and has since become one of the most capable operatives in the galaxy. Having taken every kind of mercenary and assassination job there is, Zane found it increasingly difficult to enjoy a moment's peace due to so many people wanting him dead. He traveled to Pandora to lay low for a while, where he was recruited into the Crimson Raiders and Hyperion to assist in their battles with the Children of the Vault.
Spawn a Digi-Clone of Zane. This clone stays in place, but distracts and fires at enemies. Pressing LB or RB while the Clone is active causes Zane and the Clone to swap places.
- Duration: 15 seconds
- Cooldown: 28 seconds
Send into battle an automated SNTNL drone that continually flies through the environment and attacks enemies with its Machine Guns. Pressing LB or RB while SNTNL is active causes it to attack the enemy under Zane's crosshairs if any.
- Machine Gun Damage: 4
- Duration: 24 seconds
- Cooldown: 60 seconds
Drop a deployable Barrier that blocks incoming projectiles. Zane and his allies can shoot through the Barrier, dealing increased Gun Damage. Pressing LB or RB while Barrier is active picks up and holds the Barrier, but the size and bonuses are decreased.
- Duration: 14 seconds
- Cooldown: 24 seconds
- Damage Amp: +25%
- Main article: Zane/ECHO Recorders
- Main article: Zane/Quotes
- Zane was leaked prior to the game's announcement in December 2018. 
- Zane knew Zer0 back from going to the same "assassin bars".
- According to the official cosplay guide, Zane is 'brother of the infamous bandits Captain and Baron Flynt'.
- An ECHO recording in the Dahl Abandon states that Zane is Captain Flynt's younger brother, which would directly make him Sparky Flynt's uncle.
- Zane himself also confirms that both Baron and Captain are his brothers in response to BALEX during The Family Jewel, and that their supposed titles are actually their first names.
- Zane also has at least one unnamed sister according to one of his quotes.
- Zane's tagline during the game's intro continues the trend of one playable character being introduced while breaking the fourth wall, with previous examples being Brick (as himself), Zer0 (as a number), and Claptrap (as a mistake).
- When meeting Mad Moxxi on Sanctuary III, he mentions that they've met before.
- His left eye under his eyepatch is a cybernetic as shown in his alternate heads.
- Zane is familiar with Clay, mentioning that the two had previously worked together on a smuggling operation at some point.
- Zane claims to have a lot of middle names, among them being:
- Zane often refers to the SNTNL drone as "Zoomer".
- Zane has a bounty put on him by Cutlord Karuu, Hyperion, Hephaestus United, Maliwan, Pangolin, and The Obsidian Block.
- Zane Flynt and Handsome Jack built the Impound Deluxe together in The Handsome Jackpot.
- According to his dialogue in Guns, Love, and Tentacles: