“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Points of Interest
Claptrap's Place is an icy grotto filled with the detritus of human existence. Hyperion has allegedly used the cave as a dumping ground for everything from old junk to human corpses. There is a Fast Travel station (named Claptrap's Place rather than Windshear Waste) adjacent to the back door, and a weapons chest which provides the starting weapon of each new character entering the game. A cupboard can be opened to reveal a discoverable Vault symbol. In True Vault Hunter Mode and Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, this also contains an access point for Claptrap's Secret Stash, and a Bank is positioned next to it. The inventories are shared with the ones in Sanctuary.
Frostbite Crevasse is the site of a crashed Hyperion drop barge. The barge is lodged in one side of the crevasse and various bullymong caves have been hollowed out in the crevasse's ice walls. It is here that Knuckle Dragger makes her home.
- The letters in the "WELCOME" sign outside Claptrap's Place will occasionally and very briefly flash different messages. Observed changes include:
- GO AWAY
- IHATE U
- HELLO WORLD
- KILL ME
- Among the multitude of debris scattered outside Claptrap's Place are an empty Red Loot Chest, a Light Runner vehicle, and two CL4P-TRP units. Claptrap's Place itself contains over 30 CL4P-TRP units, including three positioned around a lootable poker table in a recreation of Cassius Marcellus Coolidge's famous "Dogs Playing Poker" paintings.
- Windshear Waste is shown in a cutscene in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel in the mission System Shutdown, where a Hyperion truck dumps destroyed Claptrap units.
- The Hyperion chest found at the end of Windshear Waste after defeating Knuckle Dragger can only be opened once per playthrough. After that, it becomes a static model for the rest of the game.
- It will always contain a white-rarity shotgun.