Virtous Opha are large Guardian enemies encountered in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. It's the third type of guardian summoners by the name Opha. They are slightly larger than the lesser types and their color scheme identical to regular Opha but with rich purple colored armor attachments and a slightly different face.
Ophas are slow-moving, but heavy-hitting opponents able to aid their fellow Guardian allies. Virtuous Opha is dangerous because of its special ability to spawn elemental charged Putti. Single spawned Putti fly to their target to attack in a series of strafing runs and can recharge the shields of any damaged Guardians in their vicinity. Opha always ensures that they have at least one Putti active at any given time.
When at a distance, Opha can release Putti bombs, which can either be launched directly at/around or home in on Vault Hunters and cause moderate damage on impact. Opha are also capable of pulling out an energy orb from their stomachs which cause heavy damage. When in melee range, Opha tend to release a small nova blast, damaging and pushing Vault Hunters away.
Virtuous Opha is a larger type of Opha with a high shield capacity and an enormous amount of health. Shock damage is useful for depleting their shields, and incendiary damage is most effective for damaging their health.
- When a Virtous Opha dies, all summoned by it Putti also die, not giving an experience points to player.
- Virtous Opha are classified as Badass enemies, and can trigger character responses upon their appearance.
- Capturing of Virtous Opha is one of objectives in optional mission Sterwin Forever.
- In The Holodome Onslaught Elder Opha may be titled as "Virtuous Opha".
- In True Vault Hunter Mode, they are renamed Just Virtuous Opha, and in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, they are renamed Radiant Virtuous Opha.