The Vibra-Pulse is a unique laser manufactured by Maliwan. It is acquired by starting the mission Home Sweet Home and opening the weapon crate located in Moxxi's Up & Over Bar in Concordia, along with the Slammer and the Kiss of Death.
Why not turn me on? – Always Shock. Fires a continuous beam which inflicts increasingly heavier damage upon a target and chains damage to surrounding enemies. A percentage of the damage inflicted by this weapon is returned as health.
Usage & Description
The Vibra-Pulse fires a shock beam that increases in damage with continuous fire, but with added features. So long as the beam damages an opponent, any enemies within close radius of the targeted enemy will be damaged by chains of shock damage. This makes the Vibra-Pulse excel at depleting the shields of multiple targets at once.
Additionally, being a Moxxi weapon, the Vibra-Pulse heals the user for a portion of the damage dealt, making it extremely useful for leeching health from groups of targets.
- Chain lightning arcs generated by the Vibra-Pulse may become orphaned in the world and will persist until the wielder exits the map.
- The Vibra Pulse's special chain lightning effect may carry over to other laser weapons the character currently has equipped, regardless of their type and elemental damage modifier, and even affect vehicle-mounted lasers.
- Due to the fixed parts and lack of accessories for non-Hyperion lasers, the weapon will always spawn with the Miss Moxxi's prefix.
- The chest containing Vibra Pulse (Moxxi's Toy Box) can be reopened after it disappears in the main story. It will respawn when the Vault Hunter enters Concordia from Moxxi's Back Door, past the slot machines in Moxxi's bar. This allows players to obtain multiple copies of the Vibra-Pulse, Slammer, and Kiss of Death.
- The contents of Moxxi's Toy Box are level 16 in Normal Mode and level 38 in True Vault Hunter Mode, regardless of the level of Home Sweet Home. They will scale to the level of the Vault Hunter after turning in The Beginning of the End in True Vault Hunter Mode.
- When playing with a controller, equipping the weapon temporarily turns on vibration for 3-5 seconds, then fades, regardless of firing or not.