|View on Official Skill Tree Calculator
|Tier||Sniper Tree||Rogue Tree||Gunslinger Tree|
|Required Level: 50|
Some preferred gear would obviously be are a relatively powerful and accurate sniper, 2 Elemental Revolvers to work around resistances over 1 revolver and an SMG with a good fire rate, accuracy and doesn't have bullets spin in circles...
- Critical hits w/ Sniper Rifles will deal a good amount of damage and be easier to deal
- Aforementioned critical hits will gain you and your team extra experience if it is a killing blow
- Using Bloodwing will gain you more cash, insta-health vials or ammo + You will be able to utilize it more often
- Reload Speed and magazine capacity will increase for Rifles and Pistols
- Riotous Remedy and Out for Blood aren't very good health regeneration skills
- Enjoy getting a lot of second wins, but that's part of choosing the sniper class.
Either the Gunslinger or Sniper class mods would work well here, but unfortunately, carrion call will be a wasted skill unless you invest a skill point in there.
Skill Point Explanation
Skills w/ 5 Points
- Focus-This is really a no brainer. It's in the sniper tree, but it increases accuracy with ALL weapon types so it just a win-win situation especially as it takes away half of sniper sway at 5th skill point.
- Caliber-Increasing the sniper rifle damage will help with your main weapon in this class.
- Deadly-Critical Hit damage is increased with all weapons so this is just a win-win situation.
Skills w/ 3 Points
- Swift Strike-Increases the efficiency of your bloodwing pet. Pairing your pet with and explosive artifact will help increase the damage further.
- Smirk-All death dealing critical hits will give you and your team extra experience. From a singular perspective, you would need a scoped SMG or something similar or in a team perspective they can distract enemies for you while you rack up exp. Good w/ Roland's Leader class mod in multiplayer.
- Fast Hands-During a good sniping session you will want this skill, or when using revolvers at close range. SMG's during a boss fight while be strongly helped by this.
- Riotous Remedy-Mordecai is in strongly in need of a restorative power. Roland can deploy his turret and get free ammo and health, while Mordecai has a bit of trouble restoring his health w/o the help of a medkit
- Hair Trigger-The increased magazine size is incredibly useful for revolvers, especially ones that have magazines of 2 while the fire rate is a pretty nice bonus.
Skills w/ 2 Points
- Swipe-additional money,ammo and healing items is an all around good deal when your sniping and you send out your bloodwing to take down some stragglers behind cover
- Gun Crazy-Additional damage ALWAYS helps when you're playing as Mordecai, who suffers in close range combat.
- Out For Blood-The lack of healing capabilities makes this a much needed necessity for Mordecai.
- Loaded-Good increase in magazine capacity for only 2 skill points
- Predator-I often find Bloodwing is often underutilized by online players, while even when you don't put skill points in the rogue category, he can still be useful with an explosive artifact
- Trespass-This one has four points because a large problem for snipers is sometimes the shields if they don't score a critical hit on the first try. This almost ensures bullet penetration through shielded enemies and a damage increase.
- Relentless-A decent bonus for people using revolvers and SMG's as Mordecai but it isn't a neccessity and I understand if you want to put that skill point into Killer or something else.
The most easily remapped skills here are Swipe, Gun Crazy and Relentless and putting them into Killer, Carrion Call or Aerial Impact would make sense, although Carrion Call's bonus is a bit too insubstantial. --OiXerxes 06:04, January 6, 2010 (UTC)