|View on Official Skill Tree Calculator
|Tier||Sniper Tree||Rogue Tree||Gunslinger Tree|
|Required Level: 50|
This build is all about using an accurate combat rifle and hitting enemy crit spots, it fills in the weaknesses of a soldier assault rifle build by being extremely accurate and having a fast reload speed. The build is made for sustained combat through talents such as: Killer, Relentless, Riotous Remedy, Fast Hands, Predator and Aerial Impact.
Ranger Class Mod: Team accuracy 28-56%, team critical hit damage 36-78%, +4 Predator, +3 Bird of Prey, +3 Focus.
With +4 to predator being the most important effect, making Bloodwing a 1 second cooldown with 5 attacks before it has to return. These effects also work for team making it an excellent mod while in a group
An epic level 48 Stomper, with low bullet velocity but high damage these should only be used against targets not likely to move such as crimson lance and bandits
A legendary Guardian, this will usually be your main weapon as Stompers low bullet speed can make it difficult to hit moving targets, ammo regeneration, moderate damage, extremely fast reload speed. Without a support gunner in your team the extra ammo may make all the difference.
A sniper with high damage such as Jacobs skullsmasher, or with a shock elemental effect. With focus, using a sniper rifle is very similar to using it in an all out sniper build, very helpful at taking out units such as bud mutha defenders
This slot is not very important, I usually use an atlas ogre for use in close range, but you may want to use a shock or corrosive weapon here for use against specialist targets such as the eridian.
Inpenetrable Pancea shield, can sustain a beating with the addition of quick health regeneration always keep one lying around if you do not use it as your main shield
Inpenetrable Muscleman/Macho shield, the high capacity and 60% health boost increase means you can sustain a much bigger beating, good in groups when you have a medic with you (My personal choice)
Mostly down to personal preference
Transfusion, if you did not take a healing shield i recommend using these
Bouncing bettie, i find these with an incendery mod the best for taking out groups and against units behind cover
Switch your Bloodwing artifact constantly to take advantage of a units weakness, eg shockwing versus the eridian
Pros & Cons
- Almost permanent daze with Bloodwing dishing out good amounts of damage to multiple targets
- 1 second cooldown Bloodwing pretty much means that Bloodwing is always out and its damage is comparable to that of a build based entirely around Bloodwing
- Good for use in both solo and team play
- Sniping is always a good option
- Assault rifles can be used at almost any range in this build
- Skills such as Killer and Relentless stack to produce massive killing sprees
- Better movement and versatility than a sniper build
- Not as good against eridian without trespass
- Encourages being out in the open more meaning you are more vulnerable
- Can be more difficult than other builds as without constantly hitting a crit spot you cannot fully utilise this build
If you plan to use Assault rifles for leveling this video outlines a lower level build that is effective for leveling.