|View on Official Skill Tree Calculator
|Tier||Sniper Tree||Rogue Tree||Gunslinger Tree|
|Required Level: 50|
Creator: User:Fetal Infection (Steam ID: Pyrodude_105), and now that is out of the way...
This build is best used under any setting, although it is more enjoyable with other players (especially when sniping an enemy right before your friend takes the kill). Although the Gunslinger tree is not fully utilized, this does not mean that pistols are not effective. And although the Sniper tree is quite well stacked, it does not mean that this build can only snipe either. In fact, just about any bullet based (I say bullet based because several of the most important skills are not available if your weapon does not shoot bullets, i.e. Eridian weaponry). The use of the build as a front end or back end player is completely dependant upon which weapon you currently have in use, and with 4 weapon slots there are many possible uses. Clearly SMG/Shotgun for close, Combat Rifle for middle, and Sniper for long (although a high clip size sniper rifle can be extremely effective when no-scoped for short range).
For this build I would recommend the following
- Sniper Rifle (clearly a high accuracy, high damage. Clip size and fire rate are up to personal preference, as well as elemental damage.)
- SMG/Shotgun, I honestly prefer the SMG, although I could see a shotgun proving useful here as well. Although there are many SMG's, I recommend any of the 'Double Anarchy' guns as they spit out bullets in one round, which allows for an insane amount of damage to be put out fast.
- Combat Rifle, the three round burst kind are usually the best, as they can get the very important critical hits in quick succession with a good amount of damage.
- The last weapon slot is up to the user, this is usually a SMG or Shotgun (whichever was not used before) or possibly a rocket launcher if needed.
- Shield - Any health regeneration shields work wonders, and although the Riotous Remedy skill heals you quite a bit, its time is limited and this will heal you the rest of the way. I haven't experimented to much with the other shields, but I would assume it is up to personal preference.
- Grenade Mod - Up to personal preference, although you will likely get the most use out of Transfusion grenades. Longbow grenades for fun.
- Class Mod - The sniper class mod works wonders, although so do some of the Hunter mods. Occasionally the Scavenger mod for when you are just doing an easy loot run.
Why This Build Works
First and foremost is the Trespass skill, bypassing shields completely so that you can deal damage straight into health is key to fighting any shielded enemy. Although it does not provide much for unshielded, there are other skills to pick up for this. You will notice that 3 skill points have been put into Swift Strike instead of Loaded, this is because extra clip increase is not really necessary, and by the time you get high up enough in level, you will have a sufficient Sniper Proficiency to have a decreased reload speed to make up for a 2-4 clip size reduction. Furthermore, the increased Swift Strike is enough to make your Bloodwing not completely useless so that you may use it to finish off an enemy, or kill one that you are not currently shooting at, the availability of the Bloodwing is further enabled by the maxed out Predator skill, allowing for it to be utilized much faster with a cooldown reduced by 15 seconds. Of course, there is the noticeable damage and accuracy increases from Focus and Caliber, as well as the critical hit increase from Deadly. Furthermore, upon killing an enemy your damage, rate of fire, and health increase, allowing for even quicker kills which further fuel these boosts. Then there is Relentless, which when in use with an SMG (as I said before, I prefer the 'Double Anarchy' series) can produce near critical hit damage even without a critical hit. However, because of the increased fire rate, it is easy to burn through ammo so be sure to have a soldier friend who has ammo regeneration skills. And of course, when sniping, there is a 25% chance you get another +100% damage, providing for some truly impressive damage.
Total List of Stat Boosts (from skills)
Although everyone is capable of reading a skill tree, it is still useful to have all of the stat boosts laid out to effectively see how a build works out numerically. Each boost below is then accompanied by the skill from which it is derived for reference use.
- Damage (with any bullet weapon):+5% (Trespass)
- Damage (with sniper rifle): +25% (Caliber, Trespass)
- Accuracy: +25% (Focus)
- Rifle Sway: -50% (Focus)
- Critical Hit: +30% (Deadly)
- Clip Size (with sniper rifle): +28% (Loaded)
- Shield Penetration: 100% chance (Trespass)
- Bloodwing Damage: +24% (Swift Strike)
- Bloodwing Movement Speed: +60% (Swift Strike)
- Bloodwing Cooldown: -15 seconds (Predator)
- Damage (with all weapons): +40% (Killer)
- Reload Speed: +30% (Killer)
- Fire Rate: +40% (Relentless)
- Killer Shot Damage (25% chance): +100% (Relentless)
- Health Regen: +15% Max Health over 7 seconds (Riotous Remedy)