This build was created in an attempt to get the best accuracy possible with a shotgun. Furthermore, this build maxes all other skills that are helpful for fighting with shotguns, with the exception of Trespass, because I never reached that (didn't want to invest points in Smirk). Lastly, this build relies heavily on Bloodwing.
|View on Official Skill Tree Calculator
|Tier||Sniper Tree||Rogue Tree||Gunslinger Tree|
|Required Level: 63|
Level 5: Bloodwing. Play around with it to get the hang of it. You're gonna use it a lot.
Level 6-10: 5 points in Focus. We're trying to get the highest possible accuracy. Focus is the most obvious choice.
From here on, the order in which you invest points depends on your needs. Even the skills you put them in is all up to you. I'll run you through the list of my choices and my motivation for them.
5 points in Swift Strike. Used to boost the usefulness of Bloodwing.
5 points in Deadly. You'll score lots of critical hits with accuracy like that, more damage is better.
5 points in Fast Hands. Faster reloading.
3 points in Out For Blood. Gain health based on damage done by Bloodwing. Coupled with Swift Strike and Bird Of Prey, you'll be able to completely heal with a single Bloodwing.
3 points in Lethal Strike. No matter how high accuracy you manage to get, when you want critical hits, you'll have to get somewhat close to the enemy. This has both its advantages and disadvantages. The high accuracy allows you to make every pellet deal critical damage. On the other hand, you'll go down fast. Sometimes a punch to the face is more effective than reloading, no matter how fast you can reload.
5 points in Riotous Remedy. Health on kill. It's not reliable, but it's better than nothing.
5 points in Aerial Impact. Dazed enemies move slower, allowing you to get a better shot. They also shoot slower, so you take less damage.
5 points in Ransack. High accuracy shotguns are rare. With Ransack, you're more likely to find one.
4 points in Predator. You'll be using Bloodwing much. The more, the better (Out For Blood can keep you alive). Further points may come from a class mod.
3 points in Bird Of Prey. Adding to the usefulness of Bloodwing. Some here, further points can come from a class mod.
5 points in Relentless. General weapon boost.
This build works with any set of weapons. Below are the weapons I'm using.
Primary Weapon: A Shotgun with the highest possible accuracy. If possible, get a scope and high recoil reduction. Get the best SDU for it.
- I'm currently using a shotgun with 76.4 accuracy and a 2.2x scope.
Secondary Weapon: A weapon with the highest rate of fire possible.
- The exact opposite of the primary weapon: spray and pray. I found an SMG with a rate of fire of 17.6
First added weapon: A Sniper with the highest accuracy possible.
- A shotgun may have a high accuracy, it will never be able to hit distant targets. For this purpose, I use an actual sniper.
Second added weapon: An Eridian weapon.
- I use this when I completely run out of ammo.
- It doesn't really matter what kind of shield you use. I prefer to have a shield with pretty high capacity, so you can survive wave after wave of enemies.
Grenade mod: Any. No SDU required.
- Personally, I use a Transfusion grenade mod, because running low on health is not uncommon.
Class mod: Ranger with the best combination of team accuracy increase and Focus.
- This improves even further on your accuracy. May come with Bird Of Prey, Predator, team critical hit increase and/or team accuracy recovery increase.
- If you happen to have an elemental shotgun, it is advised you use a different elemental artifact.
You'll be able to kill most enemies from a medium distance. Keep trying to get critical hits, and you'll mostly be fine. Throw out Bloodwing whenever you get the chance.