|View on Official Skill Tree Calculator
|Tier||Infantry Tree||Support Tree||Medic Tree|
|Required Level: 50|
DISCLAIMER: I use this build for the PC version to exploit the extreme accuracy that is possible with a mouse with every weapon in this game that has a high enough accuracy stat. Console use may vary.
This build is prefect for the person that wants to be useful in every situation, solo or team. Maximum effectiveness with firearms is had as well as Stat, critical for team healing.
I personally use this as a sniper/pinpoint-combat-rifle build.
- Semi-auto or Burst Fire Combat Rifle with high accuracy, high damage and high recoil reduction (unnecessary once Assault skill high enough)
- High Rate of Fire Sniper Rifle with high damage and high accuracy mods. Liquid type works best of the common types.
- Can basically choose anything for the 2 other weapon slots. High Accuracy Shotguns and Revolvers seem to work best.
- Rifleman Class Mod For when Combat Rifle is being used.
- Heavy Gunner Class Mod For when other weapon types are being used.
- Support Gunner Class Mod To equip when ammo is running low or when you are on easy mobs to stock up for harder battles.
- Transfusion Grenade Mods
- HP regen Shield until you get Stat
- High regen high hp Shield when you have Stat
- High shield strength high hp shield when you have Stat and Quick Charge
- Any artifact type you want since you will only be using your turret to draw initial agro while you maneuver to a mob/boss's weak point
Explanation of Equipment
I personally like to use non-elemented weapons for my primary and secondary weapons for sheer versatility. The last 2 slots can be used for any contingencies. Usually I use the sniper rifle or combat rifle to snipe out the enemy at maximum possible range, popping around the corner with each reload so as to take the least actual health damage as possible. During boss battles, use the combat rifle until it runs out of ammo and then switch to either sniper rifle or contingency weapon.
I use a standoff/skirmisher strategy where I will use highly accurate sniper and combat rifles to take out as many enemies as possible before they get within optimum range to bring their weapons to bear, be it melee or short range. You have to make sure you dodge any grenades as the human enemies will lob them at medium range. Metal Storm should enable you to burst damage efficiently and take out all the enemies before your health is damaged. You should be able to hit the enemies close to 100% of the time with a high enough accuracy sniper rifle and high enough proficiency to reduce sway and will definitely not have problems with a burst combat rifle with + accuracy and + recoil reduction.
When on a team, make sure you team understands that you need to keep a cohesive firing line which will run backwards while mowing down waves of enemies. This way you can always save a team-mate that "dies" by immediately stopping the backwards march and providing cover fire while the down team-mate is revived.
Make sure to keep the distance between you and the boss as much as possible. If it is a melee boss, run and jump as much as possible. You should still be able to hit the boss at all times even un-scoped with this build.
- Every weapon effectiveness increasing skill except shotgun (Scattershot)
- Highest possible DPS for Roland/Soldier
- Highest possible survivability for Roland/Soldier
- Maximum magazine size to make best use of Metal Storm skill (+105% before class mods/up to +228% with class mods for combat rifle, +60% without class mods/up to +183% with class mods for other weapons)
- Not dependent on fixed level based stats of turret
- Long Range Combat as effective as Mordecai/Hunter
- Best tanking ability excluding Brick/Berserker
- Continuous team heals thanks to Stat
- People who like the turret will hate this build
- Requires use of FPS-style accuracy at all times to ensure effectiveness (ie. going for head-shots when possible/shooting at maximum speed while still hitting the target)
- Umm..... that's it.