Halfway through my second playthrough, I was on a killing spree in Treacher's Landing and I happened to look down at my kill bonus icons. I saw three skulls and a treasure chest. I had a carnivorous bird and a sword. "Holy shit, I'm a pirate!"
|View on Official Skill Tree Calculator
|Tier||Sniper Tree||Rogue Tree||Gunslinger Tree|
|Required Level: 61|
First and foremost, I would like to say that I completely suck at FPS games. I'm a terrible shot, I never seek or use cover, and I tend to take care of most of my business in a very up close and personal manner, all of which tends to get me deaded on a pretty regular basis. As you may have noticed, most of this build involves using Bloodwing to make my kamikaze charge a little safer.
The only equipment required for this build is a weapon with a high rate of fire and decent damage and a Ranger COM with +4 Predator. With 5(+4) points in the skill, Bloodwing's cooldown is reduced to one second, which gives him a constant presence.
- 5 Focus - Mostly, you just need five points to get to Killer and I can't snipe moving targets, so Caliber is out. But this definitely aids certain weapons, particularly SMGs and sniper rifles, and allows you to use a shotgun at a much greater distance to the same effect, particularly if it has greater than about 40% accuracy.
- 5 Killer - As soon as you kill one enemy, the rest will shortly follow. This is especially nice if you run into an elite with a couple of minions. Combined with Deadly and Relentless on a fast gun, it is the core of your weapons strategy.
- 5 Swift Strike - Increasing Bloodwing's damage also increases his take with Out for Blood.
- 4 Swipe* - In addition to making you richer than God, you can also spawn health for your teammates. Also, I swear this (and Ransack) is why I've had the best luck with loot out of all of my friends.
- 5 Fast Hands* - The idea is to minimize the time that you are unable to fire your weapon.
- 2 Out For Blood* - Along with Riotous Remedy, this will keep you alive during an assault. Two points was enough for me; use your discretion.
- 5 Aerial Impact - The survivors of your Bloodwing onslaught will have to face you in a very bad state.
- 3 Ransack* - I have seen a whole lot of great drops from enemies, and I think this is why.
- 2 Bird of Prey* - The Ranger mod I have has +3 BoP, for a total of six targets. You can do more, but a higher number of targets puts you at risk of getting Bloodwing stuck on an object.
- 5 Deadly - If you stay right in someone's face with your gun, you can land 14-20 critical hits per second for staggering amounts of DPS.
- 5 Riotous Remedy - This and Out For Blood will keep you alive in a firefight.
- 5 Predator - When Bloodwing has a one-second cooldown, he becomes an incredible tool. You can use him to kill and/or daze a small army, refill your health bar, and spawn cash and prizes. The offensive support this functionality offers, both to you and a team, cannot be overstated.
- 5 Relentless - Not only does your fire rate go up (increasing your Deadly crit-hit DPS by sheer brute force), but the 25% chance for a Killer Shot comes around very frequently because of the wall of bullets you're firing out.
- I concede that the points for Swipe, Fast Hands, Out For Blood, Ransack, and Bird of Prey may be spent in whatever manner you like. 4/5/2/3/2 is the best setup for my personal style for the reasons I have already listed.
- I don't like machine pistols because of the lower clip size and overall ammo capacity, but I keep one as a sidearm. I'm sure this can be tweaked to drop a point or two in Hair Trigger, but I'd rather use those points in the Rogue tree.
- Ammo consumption may be a problem with this build because it relies heavily on SMGs with a high fire rate. I was lucky enough to find a Tediore Savior (123 damage at 14.6 bullets per second, 2.9x scope, ammo regeneration) to combat this. No, I don't remember how accurate it is. 80-something, I think. Since I play at close range, it doesn't really matter. Otherwise, you should make friends with a Support Gunner.
- Yes, playing up close with a squishy is incredibly stupid, but it's my style. I do all right with five points in Riotous Remedy (needed to advance the Gunslinger tree and I don't use melee) and two points in Out For Blood. The rest is a good shield (I use a Torgue Muscleman to make up for the lack of an HP boost in Mordecai's tree) and the more than occasional reliance on Second Winds. (Fortunately, I have an amazing Maliwan Hellfire that usually saves me in this situation.)