Unforgiven is a legendary pistol in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Jakobs. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from IndoTyrant located in Floodmoor Basin on Eden-6.
Special Weapon Effects
It's a helluva thing... – +300% critical damage (up to +432% depending on gun parts). Increased damage and reduced fire rate. Increased accuracy. Unique reload animation.
Usage & Description
The Unforgiven remains largely unchanged from its previous incarnations, featuring high damage potential in exchange for a slow fire rate that prevents the weapon from firing as fast as the user can pull the trigger. Despite its massive critical boost and increased accuracy, its overall accuracy is only slightly better than standard Jakobs pistols, making it poor as a long-range weapon unless it spawns with a scope. As such, The Unforgiven excels at short-medium range as a pseudo-sniper rifle, aiming for critical spots to make the most of the weapon.
- The unique reload involves the user flinging bullets into the air and catching them with the cylinder.
- Unlike what might be expected, FL4K's Fade Away skill does not synergise perfectly with this weapon. Even though "Critical!" pops up on every Fade Away hit, the special 300% bonus damage will not apply unless the enemy's critical spot is struck.
- It is possible to exploit the weapon special effect with slow-moving projectiles like rockets: the projectile will receive the 300% bonus modifier on a critical hit if the Unforgiven is being wielded at the time of the projectile's impact.
- The Unforgiven was first revealed during multiple streams during the May 1st 2019 gameplay reveal event when it spawned randomly.
- The flavor text is a reference to the 1992 film Unforgiven. The full line is "It's a helluva thing, killin' a man. You take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have."
- The Unforgiven is a returning weapon from Borderlands and Borderlands 2.