Unforgiven is a pearlescent pistol manufactured by Jakobs. The Unforgiven can be obtained randomly from any loot source, but has a higher chance to drop from legendary loot midgets,010011110100110101000111010101110101010001001000 and Uranus.
Special Weapon Effects
It's a helluva thing... – Increased damage and accuracy. Reduced fire rate. Increased recoil and accuracy recovery duration. 100% critical hit bonus that is additive on top of the standard Jakobs 25% multiplicative critical hit bonus.
Usage & Description
The Unforgiven is a heavy-hitting pistol, fitting the true definition of a hand-cannon. It boasts excellent damage, among the highest available accuracy in the game, and unrivaled critical hit damage among pistols. However, its fire rate is very low for a Jakobs pistol, making it more suited to mid-to-long range combat.
The Unforgiven is best suited for taking out enemy critical spots, and a variant with a long-range scope is a viable alternative to a sniper rifle, dealing similar damage with a much larger ammo pool.
- The net result of the Unforgiven's critical hit multipliers is a 5x increase in damage. This can be contrasted with a Jakobs sniper rifle, with a 5.6x increase in damage on critical hits.
- The Unforgiven has the same skin that is used on purple-rarity common Jakobs pistols.
- The Unforgiven a returning weapon from Borderlands but as a pearlescent-rarity weapon.
- The Unforgiven's bonus white text refers to its fire rate cap that contradicts the "fires as fast as you can pull the trigger" trait of Jakobs weapons.
- The flavor text is a reference to the 1992 film Unforgiven. The full line is "It's a helluva thing, killin' a man. You take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have."