Special Weapon Effects
Putting trouble on the run. – Always shock. Fires a cluster of spherical projectiles that quickly transform into a tornado over a short distance.
Usage & Description
Shock is the only available element for the Twister. As a result, its greatest functionality comes from interacting with enemies with shields. Due to the nature of the weapon its optimal range matches that of most shotguns with lower accuracy. However, due to the Twister's unique spread pattern, a majority of the projectiles will find their way to larger enemies after the projectiles take on the more narrow, tornado-like formation. It is not very efficient on ammunition, as it consumes 4 ammo per shot, despite this not showing on the weapon card.
- The Twister has the unusual characteristic of being a Jakobs weapon with an elemental capacitor.
- When used by Zer0, with a point in the B0re skill, the individual projectiles can strike the same target more than once for heavily increased damage, owing to the swirling tornado-like path of the spread.
- The Twister was dropped from Woundspike on Day 19 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt. A hotfix on the day increased the stats on the weapon.
- The Twister deals an additional 40% splash damage on each projectile. This splash damage counts as grenade damage, and can also activate Blood Bath, as well as receive increased damage from any grenade damage boosting effects.
- The Twister is especially powerful on Gaige. The swirling projectiles can potentially trigger The Nth Degree multiple times, and then be reflected by Close Enough to deal further damage, and trigger Nth Degree again. Care should be taken to aim shots so they hit the ground or a second enemy, to ensure maximum damage.