- Double Shot Chance: +6% per level
- Tw0 Fang functions somewhat similarly Mordecai's Gun Crazy skill from Borderlands, but affects all weapon types.
- Unlike Gun Crazy, Tw0 Fang causes a two-shot burst rather than firing two shots at once. This consumes additional ammo and causes recoil as normal.
- The Shadow of the Seraphs' special effect is additive with Tw0 Fang, effectively increasing the chance that two shots will be fired by the amount listed on the relic. Notably, with a perfect level 62 or above Shadow of the Seraphs relic and an Unparalleled Professional or Rogue class mod it is possible to achieve a 100% chance of double fire with each shot.
- Tw0 Fang's effect requires a minimum delay between shots, this means that it will not trigger on weapons with a fire rate of roughly 10.0 or above. This includes weapons which have a base fire rate at or above 10.0, and those which are boosted to or above 10.0 by skills, relics, class mods, and/or Badass Rank.
- As such, many SMGs and Assault Rifles are affected by this exclusion.
- The above information was primarily tested on XBox, and does not apply to PC. On PC, the effectiveness of Tw0 Fang seems to be largely governed by framerate; the higher the framerate, the higher the fire rate Tw0 Fang will function properly. This has the side effect of reducing its effectiveness in high-traffic areas with weaker computers; any time framerates dip, the effectiveness of Tw0 Fang will also dip equally.
- As it allows 2 or more shots to be fired in rapid succession, it can be useful in circumventing slow fire rates, particularly when combined with a Shadow of the Seraphs relic.
- ↑ http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=295496&page=2
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands2/comments/d1mvfl/whats_the_deal_with_tw0_fang_and_fastfiring_guns
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.