“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Tinks (short for "Tinkerers") replace the midget enemies of prior games. Having become much more industrious and intelligent than their insane predecessors, Tinks have evolved into the technical arm of the Children of the Vault.
They differ slightly in stature from their midget counterparts. Their arms and legs have become much shorter, causing their heads to be even larger in proportion to their bodies. The cranium itself has also expanded, possibly explaining their increased intelligence.
Tinks are the smallest enemy type of the COV and are a frequent sight in COV camps and bases. In combat, they use their small stature to avoid enemy fire and flank them before opening return fire with pistols or SMGs. Tinks also possess the ability to construct a Tink Sentry from scrap piles found on the battlefield. This action is denoted by the Tink putting away its weapon, pulling out a wrench and rushing for the nearest scrap pile. Note that the Tink is invulnerable to damage while it is diving into the scrap pile and constructing the turret.
Compared to other COV forces, Tinks have comparatively low health and a disproportionately large critical hit spot that makes them fairly easy to dispatch quickly, though players will have to aim slightly lower than normal human enemies. However, due to their small size, they can be somewhat hard to spot during a pitched engagement and if ignored can deal significant damage. As such, players should keep an ear and eye out for them.
Being human enemies, they are highly vulnerable to incendiary damage.
- Blammo! Kablooey! Rat-a-tat-tat!
- Get junked!
- Your scalp's my ticket to the Great Vault!
- Helloooo Corpse!
- You're out of your league, babycakes!
- Doin' it for the junk!
- Suck on this you bloated crap-stain!
- Get over here you syphilitic troglodyte!
- DO! OR! DIE!
- Come here and give me your ear!
- Eat my holy lead!
- I AM FRIGGIN INVINCIBLE!
- It's curtains for you!
- Do it for the junk!
- Don't move!
- KILL! KILL! KIIIIIIIIIILL!
- I got a GOOOOD feeling about this!
- Need more fam on the field! (calling for reinforcements)
- Present for you! You've earned it!
- Eat shrapnel!
- I've tinkered my last...
- Yeah...why not...
- Scrap to scrap, junk to junk...
- You think you're better than me?!
- I liked Troy better...there...I said it...
- Remember me like a foot taller...
- So many things I never felt...
- A noble spirit embiggens the smallest me...
- Rage against...the dying of the light...
- I get it now...we're all just junk...
- Were you not entertained...?
- Eeeeend... scene...
- Recycle me...
- Out, Out, great candle...
- Le petit morte...
- In Mayhem and True Vault Hunter modes, they are renamed to Aggro Tink. They may also be equipped with shields in these modes.