“Look out everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Thunderball Fists is a legendary pistol in Borderlands 2 manufactured by Maliwan. The Thunderball Fists is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Captain Flynt located in Southern Shelf. It also drops with increased chance from Sparky Flynt on Wam Bam Island.
Special Weapon Effect
I can have such a thing? – Shots fired produce electrical orbs which upon impact deal an AoE burst of electric damage before flaring upwards for a short distance then detonating a second time with electric damage.
Usage & Description
This weapon can be very useful for eliminating targets with high shield capacity, as the high shock damage per round and extra damage from the orbs produced can tear through most shields.
Gaige can make great use of this weapon with her Little Big Trouble skill tree. Its two-stage burst allows for Electrical Burn to have two chances of activating, and its wide range can catch multiple enemies in the same shot, allowing for improved crowd control.
- As a shock weapon capable of self-damage, The Transformer can be recharged by deliberately damaging oneself with the Thunderball fists and can also be absorbed as rocket launcher ammo.
- With any other absorb shield, it only has a chance of being absorbed as rocket launcher ammo.
- The secondary blast is affected by an amp shield.
- The Thunderball Fists's main projectile deals an additional 100% splash damage, which is boosted by grenade damage bonuses. The secondary lightning orb deals an additional 150% damage but is not boosted by grenade damage bonuses.
- The flavor text, name and color scheme of the weapon are a reference to the 1975 movie The Super Inframan.