Threshers are creatures that appear in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Threshers are stubborn, tentacled creatures that come in many different sizes and colors. Threshers tend to live in soft ground, especially along ocean shores or river beds.
Threshers are long-bodied with a large, bulbous head perched upon an octopus-like body with several long, spindly tentacles sprouting from just below the head. Threshers vary in size from several feet long to fifty or more. Threshers' critical hit zones are the several small eyes on the side of their heads, and similar (albeit much larger) organs on their tentacles. Being well-anchored in the ground, threshers cannot be uprooted by Maya's Phaselock, and will instead take damage from it. When killed, a thresher's corpse will slip back down into its hole and out of sight.
Thresher Units (Borderlands 2)
Thresher Units (Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel)
- A thresher's blood is green, this is shown when their critical locations are shot.
- If a thresher's tentacles are shot off, they can re-grow.
- The Gluttnous Thresher and Denial Subroutine are the only Threshers with shields.
- In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, it is revealed that the Threshers are an invasive species originally native to Elpis, with two of them brought to Pandora at the request of Sir Hammerlock.
- Hammerlock also named one of them Terry, which might explain the origin of Terramorphous the Invincible.