There May Be Some Side Effects... continues your mission to fix the problem at Jakobs Cove. Dr. Ned wants you to head to Generally Hospital and recover the antidote he was working on. Only one small problem, the key to get in was lost, so you will have to find another route.
Find the secret entrance into Generally Hospital. Fight through the hordes of undead. Recover the sample. Make your way back to town.
- Find the antidote sample for Dr. Ned.
- Spooky entrance found: 0/1
- Antidote recovered: 0/1
- "Ned was testing a skag-based antidote to the zombie plague. The skags are immune to the illness, so Ned believes his antidote could be effective. Bring the antidote sample to the Claptrap in town so Ned can continue his research."
- 1. Transition back to Jakobs Cove. Head south to the coastline to the gravestone which is now interactive.
- 2. Once you enter the zone follow the winding path through the graveyard to the hospital on top of the hill. You will be attacked by hordes of zombies along the way.
- 3. At the top you will notice an opening in the fence on your right. Go in the open and watch the cut-scene that lets you know life just took a turn for the worst. Get ready for a boss fight and a new opponent. The fight was fairly easy with a Maliwan Hellfire.
- 4. After you kill the boss, head up the hill to the hospital. The door is locked up tight, but right next to it is a Dahl dumpster with the antidote inside.
- 5. Return to Jakobs Cove and give the sample to the claptrap.
- " Claptrap was hacked! Investigate the story about Dr. Ned."
- Once you receive this mission, you may want to get Leave It To The Professionals from the Jakobs Cove Bounty Board to do at the same time.
- Prior to turning in the mission: When you return to town to turn in this mission you will find Jakobs Cove Claptrap tied up next to the bounty board. He immediately asks for your help. Before you can help he will talk in a different voice telling you not to trust the claptrap or Dr. Ned and directs you to take the boat tied up at the pier to a secret lab and use a special knock to get in the door.
(C = Claptrap, V = Voice):C: Oh thank goodness! Get me the hell out of here! We have precious little time.
- V: Before you go off and help that lying mobile toaster; you'll want to hear this: Dr. Ned is not who you think he is, and he's about as trustworthy as my dog I put down for being untrustworthy.'
- C: Whoa. Haha. Got ya, hooo boy. Just kidding around here, just kidding around. Feel free to forget everything I just-
- V: This is all true. But don't take my word for it. Look for yourself. Take the boat tied to the pier to the lab on the other side. You'll find a door in the town that will require a special knock. I love special knocks.
- C: Whoa! I'm possessed!
- V: The knock sounds like this. (series of knocks) Now go, and leave this robot for the skags.
- Completing this mission will open up additional missions at the bounty board.
On the way to the spooky entrance, you can complete Eggcellent Opportunity! by killing the Corpse Eaters along the way, as well as picking up one of the ECHO recorders from Missing: Hank Reiss at a small house that is also on the beach. When you've arrived in the hospital area, you can also complete Leave It To The Professionals. Just pick up the first ECHO near the hospital itself, then make a slight detour on the way back down after the boss fight to grab the second one.
- Level = ?
- Reward = XP, Money, Item
The person who hacked the claptrap is more than likely Markus, the claptrap speaks using his accent and during the closing narration he is seen tying it up when he references that he played a large role in the story.
The Pack involves