The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is the third in the series of downloadable content packs for Borderlands. Gearbox Software first announced it on January 21st, 2010, stating that it would be "the largest DLC for Borderlands to date" and would provide "new challenges and opportunities for growth for characters from around level 34 to level 50." It was released for Xbox 360 on February 23rd and for PC and PS3 on February 25th.
After uncovering the secrets of the Vault and the sudden death of Commandant Steele, The Crimson Lance led by General Knoxx launch a massive battalion to Pandora and control most of the Parched Fathoms, a region that once had massive oceans that dried up due to Pandora's sudden climate change and abandoned aged highways littering the area. The Vault Hunters travel to T-Bone Junction, an old highway rest stop, to stop whatever the Crimson Lance is planning. With the help from Scooter, the build a new vehicle called the Monster to use on the long highways.
Scooter tells the Vault Hunters that the Lance has set up roadblocks on both the north and southbound highways leading out of T-Bone Junction. They must reach Moxxi who is in the Deep Fathoms and they must first clear the roadblock in the Crimson Tollway to reach her. Finding her place on the top of a ruined highway, She shares her plans of another vehicle called the Racer, an upgraded faster version of the Runner that will help them through the roadblock on the Ridgeway, a large highway constructed through an open canyon. The Vault Hunter fight through a large group of Lance troops clearing and opening the route while also fighting through a tunnel to reach the Sunken Sea. They must use the Racer to jump an outcrop that secretly had a highway on-ramp leading to the prison called Lockdown Palace.
They find out that Athena was being held prisoner there and the prison leader Shank plans to sell her to the Lance in exchange for her bounty. After fighting through the prison, the Vault Hunters come across a psycho taking a shower. He warns them of Shank who shiv's him in the back for not calling him Mr. Shank. A fight begins with Shank using Athena teleportation device. After killing Shank, the Vault Hunters find Athena in the main prison block. A bandit is shown bringing food to her but drops it on the floor. After meeting Athena, she returns to T-Bone Junction and tells the Vault Hunters through Echo masking her voice with a advertisement for a male enhancement drug. After meeting with Athena, she tells them that the armory is code locked and tells the Vault to find an ECHO recorder.
Returning to the Ridgeway, they find a Echo recorder under the highway of the Hell's Highway outpost. They listen in to 2 Lance soldiers talking with one named Derick enjoying Rocky Road ice cream, while the other asked him if he can have the access code. Derick reveals that he leave the code at The World's Largest Bullet, a small attraction in the Sunken Sea with a large artillery shell. They return to Athena who has built a remote detonator that will destroy the armory. With the code and detonator in hand, the Vault Hunter's travel to Road's End, an area on the other side of the Deep Fathoms. They fight the Lance on the highway leading to the armory. They must use the side entrance as the main highway leading into the armory is locked. Entering the compound, they are introduced to General Knoxx who was just about to kill himself with several weapons. Instead of killing himself, he decides to fight the Vault Hunters. After killing General Knoxx, the Vault Hunters can now enter the armory. Using the code from the Echo (Blue, Yellow, Cyan, Orange) they get into the armory, set the timer and have 3 minutes to loot to their hearts desire.
- $9.99 USD/£6.99
- £5.99 GBP
- $11.95 AUD
- 52.95 DKR
- 70.00 SEK
- 800 Microsoft points
- $9.99 USD
- $12.99 USD on Steam for Australia/New Zealand
- £6.30 GBP on Steam for United Kingdom
- 6.99 EUR on Steam
This DLC can be accessed using the fast travel system and heading for the starting location of T-Bone Junction.
- Continuation after completion of the original Borderlands story arc
- Can be played on 1st and 2nd playthrough
- Increased level cap by 11 levels
- New gear: weapons, shields, class mods, grenade mods
- New environment with several new areas
- More animated NPCs
- New enemies
- Three new vehicles: the Monster, the Racer, and the Lancer
- 44 new missions
- New Achievements and Trophies
- New, larger Crimson Lance Chests
- "More Scooter" (Vehicles and character)
- Increased backpack capacity
- Pearlescent (Before General Knoxx) rarity levels fixed to orange (actually fixed in Patch_1.3.0), a new official pearlescent rarity added as cyan.
- Secret bosses scattered across the DLC
The three new vehicles are as follows:
- Monster, a monster truck similar to the one driven by Mad Mel. Fires three homing rockets.
- Lancer, an APC capable of carrying four characters, as it has a gunner seat (with a two-stage laser), a minelayer seat, a driver seat, and a blast seat.
- Racer, the fastest vehicle with a single rocket launcher (similar to the one on the original runners) and a spoiler.
The Secret Armory introduces some new non-player characters (NPCs), and brings back several previous characters.
The Secret Armory introduces new enemies including:
@GeneralKnoXX on Twitter
The new areas are all located in the Parched Fathoms, a dried up lakebed home to T-Bone Junction as well as other areas.
- T-Bone Junction, a new friendly city, also the starting point of this DLC and the only map with a Fast Travel New-U station.
- Two roads lead out from T-Bone Junction: one to the Crimson Tollway, one to the Ridgeway.
- The Crimson Tollway - The long road controlled by the Crimson Lance, who have set up a roadblock.
- Moxxi's Red Light - Mad Moxxi's residence in this DLC.
- Crawmerax's Lair - Home to Crawmerax the Invincible.
- Road's End - An extension of the lakebed, the Crimson Lance presence here is stronger as the road ends at the Armory.
- The Ridgeway - A highway built through ridges of cut rock, in the opposite direction from the Crimson Tollway.
- Main article: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx/missions flow
- Main article: Achievements#The_Secret_Armory_of_General_Knoxx
The Xbox 360 achievement list was revealed, with the following achievements associated with The Secret Armory. They are also the same for the PlayStation 3.
- Sucker born every minute - Paid for a worthless tour of the world's largest bullet
- Completionist - Complete all missions in Secret Armory
- Ding! Overleveled to 11 - Reach Level 61
- Ding! Overleveled - Reach Level 51
- Speed Kills - Destroy a Lancer while in a Racer
- Sneaky Little Buggers - Kill each of the loot midgets
- Vincible - Kill Crawmerax the Invincible
- Depot Demolition - Destroy the Lance Depot
- Athena, Out - Rescue Athena
- Making a Monster - Build the New Car: Monster
By "Mutagen" (source: gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com)
- The title of this DLC is a reference to Fort Knox in the U.S., which is synonymous with an impregnable fortress or building.
- In The Secret Armory of General Knoxx logo there is a small 61 in the lower-right corner. This represents the maximum reachable level of this DLC.
- The level increase, by the unusual number of eleven levels, is a reference to the potentiometer dials of Nigel Tufnel's guitar amplifier in the mockumentary, This is Spinal Tap, apparently to give it "that extra push over the cliff".
This is section of preview screenshots and videos, until they can be better integrated into their respective topics.
- ↑ The Secret Armory of General Knoxx Announced! (gearboxity.com)
- ↑ http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/556/33/
- ↑ http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/563/36//
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ Tweet by @mikeyface (twitter.com)
- ↑ 
- ↑ New Achievements for 3rd DLC (gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com)
- ↑ Borderlands Achievement List (xbox360achievements.org)
- The Secret Armory on promo-site (borderlandsthegame.com)