- 1 Inhabitants
- 2 Points of Interest
- 3 Missions
- 4 Weapon Crates
- 5 Hidden Loot
- 6 Video
Points of Interest
- Main article: The Cesspool
This is the Arena for The Rust Commons West. It is located just north-east of the entrance from New Haven.
- Main article: Underpass
Located at a transition point for Rust Commons East. There is a New-U Station, Catch-A-Ride, Ammo Vendor and a Med Vendor here. There is a red weapon chest on the ledge above guarded by a small Rakk colony. A small enclosure can also be found near the Underpass containing a large amount of safes.
- Main article: Outeryard
After crossing the bridge leading to the area where The Underpass is, there is a cabin on the right side of the bridge's end. When approaching the cavern, a Badass Brusier, Badass Psycho or Badass Raider will spawn from the cabin. Furthermore, there is a red weapon chest on a platform in front of the cabin.
The southern most Catch-A-Ride station. There is an ammo and med vendor here. The southern transition point for The Rust Commons East is to the east and The Circle of Slaughter entrance is to the west. Treacher's Landing transition point is directly south and guarded by spiderants and bandits.
Located in the north-west corner next to the transition point for Dahl Headlands. There is a Catch-A-Ride here with an ammo vendor and a med vendor.
Circle of Slaughter
The Circle of Slaughter is the circular area in the southern portion of the map, directly to the west of the Aqueduct Encampment Catch-A-Ride station. There is an ammo vendor and med vendor here. The entrance is guarded by bandits.
Destroyed Bandit Camp
Near the boundary lasers is a destroyed bandit camp which will trigger Rakkinishu's appearance during and after Hidden Journal: Rust Commons West. There are also some trash piles and Dahl containers which may be searched for items which often yields high-quality items.
- Main article: The Rust Commons West missions
- Main article: The Rust Commons West: Weapon Crate Locations
- There is a "secret" chest off the Northwest corner of the map. While it often contains Rare Weapons, including Orange and Eridian Weapons, the efficacy of the Chest only lasts through Playthrough 1 until Playthrough 2 is unlocked. In Playthrough 2 and 2.5 the chest becomes a normal Red Chest.
- There is a way to get off the cliff without paying the New-U fee. Face the chest and go all the way to the left side of the cliff. Stay right up against the wall of the cliffs above. Slowly walk off the cliff and characters will teleport back to the New-U machine, but without a fee.
- An Outrunner may also be used to reach the chest, and then the afterburner can be used to escape without having to pay a fee. See video 3 below.
- Alternately players can just exit to save all progress after getting the loot.