The Piss Wash Hurdle is the third of four story missions that must be performed in order for the Catch-A-Ride system to work.
- "Y'all got one last hurdle to escape Fyrestone. Sledge's bandits put up a gate across the main road. The controls are on the far side. To reach them controls, ya need get yourself a Runner from that there Catch-A-Ride, then drive up the ramp and jump the gully we call 'Piss Wash.' Once you're over, attack 'em from behind and open that gate!"
- Jump over Piss Wash gully and open the bandits' gate.
- Runner driven
- Piss Wash jumped
- Gate switch found
The approach to jump the Piss Wash is to take a Runner to the area west of T.K.'s farm where a ramp awaits. The afterburners are then needed to cross the gap and these should be activated once the Runner is on the ramp. Once on the other side, a mission marker indicates the location of a small bandit sentry post and a gate. Opening the gate completes the mission.
- "Sledge has been doin' everything he can to stop the travel between Fyrestone and New Haven. Now there's one less obstacle, at least. Folks can come and go the easy way."
- This mission would be a good time to complete the Get A Little Blood on the Tires mission and the Get A Little Blood On The Tires achievement.
- Upon jumping over Piss Wash Gully, Scooter will say: "Ah hell, did you just leap over Piss Wash Gully in one of my runners? Man! Dude, tell me when you're going to do that! That is awesome!". However, that is what the captions say. The audio itself includes more in the second part of the message, stating: "Dude, tell me when you're going to do that crap! That was awesome!"
- "That right there is beaut' man. My runners ain't prettiest gals at the dance, but she'll put out the second you ask her. And be sure to hit the boost to know why everyone wants to catch a ride with the scooter man!"
- "Ah hell, did you just leap over Piss Wash Gully in one of my runners? Man! Dude, tell me when you're going to do that crap! That was awesome!"