The Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge is a legendary artifact in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Eridian. It is obtained as a quest reward from Claptrap during the Guns, Love and Tentacles' main quest storyline.
Knowing is half the battle. – Consecutive successful hits grant a 1% damage bonus per hit for up to 15 times. At maximum stacks, an additional damage bonus of 90% is added.
Usage & Description
Stacks will decay very quickly and be removed on a miss. This can be avoided several ways to benefit from the 90% bonus:
- Large magazine weapons and sustained fire
- Guns with sticky ammo modes that can be triggered at once, like the Bangstick
- Using high fire rate guns like Maggie combined with skills like Leave No Trace that return ammo, if necessary
The Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge will grant two of the following bonuses.
- Fire rate
- Reload Speed
- Health regeneration
- Max health
- Experience Gained from Combat
- Magazine size
- As the Pearl is a quest-only reward, farming it is only possible by creating a back-up of the save file before the quest is turned in or by starting the DLC with a new character save file.
- A hotfix on April 2nd, 2020, increased the additional damage bonus to 90% from the original 20%.
- Even though the hotfix on April 2nd, 2020, increased the bonus damage on the item card, the total damage increase granted by the Pearl was reduced. The actual bonus damage of the original version was 120%, reduced to 90% in the hotfix.
- The flavor text is a reference to the 1985 animated series G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero with the phrase "And knowing is half the battle" being said at the end of an episode as part of a public safety lesson.