The Nth Degree is a skill in Gaige's Ordered Chaos skill tree. After the (N - 1)th bullet hits an enemy, she will receive a stack of this skill. The next time a bullet hits an enemy, this stack will be expended, and the bullet will ricochet to hit another enemy.
|Definition of N||9||8||7||6||5|
There are no class mods that boost this skill beyond 5 levels.
The value of N is equal to 10 - (Skill Level)
- Bullets that ricochet by the effect of Nth Degree after they were previously ricocheted by the effect of Close Enough will provide 100% of the damage of the originally fired shot.
- All bullet impacts owned by the player count towards the next countdown to Nth Degree. This includes bullets reflected by Nth Degree; functionally, this reduces the bullets per cooldown by 1, from 9 to 8 at level 1, or from 5 to 4 at level 5. It also allows piercing bullets to activate the skill for each struck enemy; for example, a Railer piercing one enemy and then hitting another would increment the skill twice.
- Putting a single point in this skill is worthwhile in situations with more than one enemy, as it provides an effective 12.5% damage boost. However, successive points after the first add significantly less to the effect. For instance, with two points, a total of 14.3% damage is added, a mere 1.8% damage bonus improvement. From the third point on, each point provides a slightly better bonus than the second point, but never more than 5%. Maxing out the skill gives a total effective damage bonus of 25%.
- The Nth Degree enables Gaige to hit enemies that are behind cover.
- The effectiveness of the Nth Degree is substantially reduced when using slow-moving projectiles. Reflected bullets aim directly at enemies, often causing them to miss against smaller, moving targets.
- This skill cannot be activated on weapons that don't fire bullets (rocket launchers, Carnage, Torpedo, KerBlaster etc.)
|Best Friends Forever||Little Big Trouble||Ordered Chaos|