“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
The Holodome Onslaught is included within the Season Pass, is also available for individual purchase at $9.99 USD for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, and is included free of charge with Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on PS4 and Xbox One.
The Holodome Onslaught begins with Axton and Gaige announcing their return to Pandora from Vault Hunting on Epitah. When they learn that Athena is telling her story, they decide to listen in alongside Tiny Tina but want to hear the tale in the fastest way possible by skipping everything but the violence. While Athena tells the shortened story, each round offers optional bonus objectives based on the events in her tale.
- A new head and skin for each class.
- The Holodome, the new location where The Holodome Onslaught takes place which can be accessed at a fast travel station.
- Two new class mods for each character:
- a blue character dependent class mod that upgrades slam damage and another character-unique stat, plus points in various character skills.
- Chronicler of Elpis, a legendary class mod that boosts Cryo damage, freeze chance and shield capacity, plus four extra points in five skills dependent on the character.
- Six new weapons:
- Digistructed Madness: Round 1
- Digistructed Madness: Round 2
- Digistructed Madness: Round 3
- Digistructed Madness: Round 4
- Digistructed Madness: Round 5
- Digistructed Madness: The Badass Round
- In Normal Mode, The Holodome Onslaught's first mission takes place at level 24. In True Vault Hunter Mode, it takes place at level 45. In Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, it will be at least level 50, but will scale to the highest-leveled Vault Hunter until the mission is first attempted.
- If the mission is failed in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, whilst enemies will still scale to match the highest-leveled character, the mission itself will remain at the level of the first attempt. This is also true of each of the DLC's other missions as well.
- The only repeatable mission is Digistructed Madness: The Badass Round. Once the missions preceding The Badass Round are completed, the only way to replay them is to reset Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.