The Hero of This Story is Jack's first skill tree out of three. This tree focuses on the offensive and defensive properties of himself and his Digi-Jacks. His other skill trees are Greater Good and Free Enterprise.
- Tier 1
- Best Foot Forward - While Expendable Assets is active, killing an enemy extends its duration. This skill has diminishing returns.
- Bolster - Increases the Max Health of you and your Digi-Jacks. Additionally, the longer a Digi-Jack is alive, the more damage it does.
- Tier 2
- Just Compensation - Increases Magazine Size with all gun types, as well as Grenade Damage. Bonuses increase for every grenade missing from your supply. If you are carrying the maximum number of grenades, you receive no bonus.
- You Have My Shield - Your Digi-Jacks gain an exact copy of your shield, complete with all of the benefits it brings.
- Take Their Freedom - Whenever you or your Digi-Jacks kill an enemy, you and your Digi-Jacks gain Health.
- Tier 3
- Jack's Cache - When you or your Digi-Jacks kill an enemy you gain a stack of Cache. Throwing a grenade when you have 4 stacks consumes all Cache stacks instead of grenade ammo.
- Inspire - Jack will occasionally Inspire you with words of greatness.
- Tier 4
- Hero Pose - Improves Shield Capacity, Shield Recharge Rate, and Shield Recharge Delay.
- On My Mark - Pressing F (L1 on PS3/PS4, LB on Xbox 360/Xbox One) during Expendable Assets causes your Digi-Jacks to throw a copy of your grenade at an enemy under your crosshairs. You can only do this once each Expendable Assets activation.
- Lean on Me - Increases your Fire Rate and gives your Digi-Jacks a chance to fire a Bonus Corrosive Shot based on how high your health is.
- Tier 5
- Persistence - While Expendable Assets is cooling down, you gain Shield Capacity and Health Regeneration. The lower your health, the stronger the regeneration.
- Resolute - You and your Digi-Jacks gain Damage Resistance and Gun Damage for a few seconds after you take damage.
- Tier 6
- Promote the Ranks - Your first Digi-Jack spawned will be a Badass that deals increased damage, has increased health, and can launch a powerful Digi-Missile Barrage. Each Digi-Jack spawned afterwards has a chance to be a Badass.
|The Hero of This Story||Greater Good||Free Enterprise|