No, I said it first. No you didn't. Yes I did. No, you didn't! Yes, I did! No, you DIDN'T! Yes, I BLOODY WELL DID!
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
|Special Part(s): |
|[The Cradle Variants]|
In Borderlands 2, The Cradle is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Henry located in The Highlands.
In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, The Cradle is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.
Special Shield Effects
...to the grave. – When depleted, the shield is tossed in a similar fashion to Tediore weapons to cause an explosion but also releases an explosive nova. Reduce capacity and increased recharge rate.
Usage and Description
The Cradle's stats are not balanced in higher difficulties, making it effectively useless. A low level cradle is surprisingly effective against low level enemies but at higher levels, nova shields and maylay shields do better than it.
- The Cradle can spawn a maliwan capacitor which negates DOT from either shock, corrosion, or incendiary damage. A torgue capacitor offers ressistance against explosive damage.
- Kills made with this shield count toward the Boomerbang challenge.
- The Cradle's nova damage is boosted by grenade damage bonuses.
- The Cradle's name and flavor text come from the saying, "From the cradle to the grave", which in this case, refers to the shield's disposable aspect once depleted.
- The Cradle is one of four weapons and items in Borderlands 2 to have unique white flavor text, with the other three being the Fibber, the Mongol, and the Unforgiven.