“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
This article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
This article is about the weapon in Borderlands 3. For other uses, see Butcher
The Butcher is a legendary shotgun in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Hyperion. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Raging Titan located in The Slaughter Shaft on Pandora.
It can also be obtained from Crazy Earl via Loot-o-Grams obtained from Dinklebot located in Skywell-27 on Promethea.
Special Weapon Effects
Fresh meat! – Reduced pellet count. Increased fire rate. Has a chance to refill the magazine by a random amount when fired.
Usage & Description
The Butcher's high fire rate allows it to fill the role of an assault rifle or submachine gun while having the damage output of a shotgun.
- The Butcher is a returning weapon from Borderlands and Borderlands 2
- The Butcher's skin is a slightly different version of the 'Red Sands' weapon skin with darker blood and a slightly different tint of brown.
- The Butcher is effective with FL4K's Leave No Trace skill as critical hits will also add ammo to the magazine, further extending the weapon's use before a reload.
- The Butcher is highly effective with Moze's Bottomless Mags skill tree. Using controlled, accurate bursts, Moze can easily fire over 100 times with a single magazine.
- On the June 10 2021 patch, The Butcher had its damage increased by 84%, as well as an increased chance for its ammo mechanic to take effect.
- The name and red text is a reference to a recurrent Diablo character, The Butcher, a bloated monstrosity with the opening announcement, "Ahh... Fresh meat!".
- The Butcher's name results in grammatically incorrect names as prefixes will be generated before the weapon's name. (i.e Redundant The Butcher, when it should be The Redundant Butcher.)