“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
- 1 Background
- 2 Inhabitants
- 3 Missions
- 4 Points of Interest
- 5 Notes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Media
- "Here, where the years fall like hammers, even the hardest of prisoners break."
The Anvil is a large prison complex that was used to contain the former prisoners of the planet. Due to the attack from the COV, the prisoners broke out and turned the prison into a base led by Warden, the former prison foreman. During the Hammerlocked story mission, COV bandits kidnap Sir Hammerlock and interrogate him for the Vault Key's location with Wainwright Jakobs sending the Vault Hunters to rescue him. As the Vault Hunters navigate their way into the prison killing any and all COV reinforcements sent to stop them, several pieces of graffiti implying that Warden is watching the prisoners throughout The Anvil.
Points of Interest
West of Gross
- A large sewage system with a fighting arena at the end where the Mother of Grogans, The Uncorroded, Queen of the Sewer Kingdom has a chance to spawn.
The Devil's Saucepan
- This location relevels at the start of the mission The Guns of Reliance.
- Title given by the game is "Prison".
- Clay claims that Montgomery Jakobs, the Jakobs Corporation CEO, would have sent him to The Anvil had Monty decided not to leave him free.