|The Agonizer 9000|
|Faction||Children of the Vault|
The Agonizer 9000's health comprises entirely of armor, making corrosive damage the most effective way to take it down. Its critical spots are its glowing eyes, rear gas tank, and multiple smaller gas tanks around its body, which will break once shot enough times.
It has several attack patterns:
- The floor of the arena will glow for a few seconds before bursting with flame. This will occur several times and can be easily telegraphed. This move will eventually be used alongside other attacks.
- The Agonizer 9000 will grab a giant knife and slice down on the arena several times.
- The Agonizer 9000 will raise a spiked platform above the player and keep it hovering above them before slamming it downwards. The player is given a few seconds to dash away before it crashes down.
- The Agonizer 9000 will cheer on at the crowd, facepalm, point at the Vault Hunter or perform a cut-throat gesture, giving the player an opening.
- During each attack, the Agonizer 9000 may prepare a saw launcher, firing one or three ground-hugging saws after some time.
- The Agonizer 9000 prepares the "mega blender", a chainsaw from its mouth. It will proceed to spin slowly around the arena twice. The player can duck or jump over the saw depending on its arrangement.
After 1/3 of its health is gone, Pain will announce an "audience participation segment", causing several enemy psychos to spawn on the arena.
After 2/3 of its health is gone, the Agonizer 9000 will retreat into its hole while Pain announces a quick commercial break. Several ammo containers sponsored by Marcus Munitions will spawn on the arena, allowing players to top up on ammo. These containers will self destruct after some time before more psychos spawn. During the commercial break, the Agonizer 9000 cannot be damaged.
Once all of its health is gone, the Agonizer 9000 will malfunction, exposing its Eridium core and showing a second purple health bar. The player has to shoot at the core to destroy the machine for good. The Agonizer 9000 can still fire a laser from its core at this point, but the core will fortunately break in only a few hits.
Once defeated during the story, Pain and Terror will jettison out of the machine, landing flat on the ground. They can be damaged by any source to kill them, causing loot to burst across the arena. On successive defeats after the main story, the Agonizer 9000 will simply smash against the arena before falling into the hole, leaving loot behind.
- The Agonizer 9000 has a chance of dropping the Agonizer 1500.