Terramorphous the Invincible is a raid boss in Borderlands 2. It was conceived as a tougher follow-up to Crawmerax the Invincible found in the Secret Armory of General Knoxx add-on from Borderlands.
Terramorphous is an enormous unique thresher that is only accessible once the main story has been completed. Terramorphous can be fought multiple times for the cost of 8 Eridium to access Terramorphous Peak, and will drop different loot each time, including legendary items.
- Main article: You. Will. Die. (Seriously.)
- Terramorphous can drop multiple items exclusive to him:
- Terramorphous's tentacles are spelled with one "R" missing, making them Teramorphous.
- Terramorphous can be seen from the waterfall area at The Bunker.
- After defeating Terramorphous, occasionally his tentacles may still spawn and attack which can prove dangerous to those still looting him.
- When a player spawns Terramorphous, the one that is seen swimming goes under the map (Visible through noclip hacks). This is what sometimes causes players to hear Terramorphous or be attacked by tentacles even after he was defeated.
- Terramorphous was designed to be fought by four level 50 characters.
- Randy Pitchford has stated that one Gearbox employee has figured out a build in which he was able to solo the battle while publicly displaying the fight at the Gearbox Community Day.
- The flavor texts on the unique Terramorphous's loot that he drops (the Teeth of Terramorphous shotgun, the Breath of Terramorphous grenade mod, the Hide of Terramorphous shield and the Blood of Terramorphous relic) put in order make this poem:
- His teeth made them flee in shame,
- His breath was of fire.
- His hide turned the mightiest tame;
- His blood could inspire.
- "Terra" means related to land and to morph means to change, so Terramorphous' name literally translates to "Earth Changer", a fitting name for a thresher of his magnitude.
- It is revealed in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel that Jack's band of Vault Hunters (Wilhelm, Nisha, Claptrap, and Athena) were indirectly responsible for seeding the Thresher species, which is actually native to Pandora's moon, Elpis, onto the surface of Pandora itself, by smuggling two juvenile specimens to Sir Hammerlock. Hammerlock proceeded to nickname the male Thresher "Terry", which fits with Terramorphous being described as the oldest Thresher on Pandora.