Trivia... Didn't this used to refer to possible references to Genghis Khan, Iron Chef, and such shows?
- References must be beyond reasonable doubt. Anything "possible," "probable," "may be," or "likely," or out-of-game trivia without citation, has no place on this wiki. The reason being, the game is drowning in references, and if left unchecked we've found that trivia can actually dominate the in-game information in articles. -- WarBlade (talk) 23:39, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
- It seems fairly obvious that this IS a direct reference to Genghis Khan. He's the only Khan that comes immediately to mind at the mention of the word. Aside from Khan Noonian Singh
- What a ridiculous rule. If that's the origin then that DOES make it in-game information. Because if the object is in the game, it's there PRECISELY because of the connection to the reference. Eliminating the reference isn't going to change the fact Spatula Khan IS in fact based on Genghis Khan Doug Exeter (talk) 08:36, September 9, 2013 (UTC)
- If you want to treat such requirements as "ridiculous" then you'd best find another wiki to contribute to. Borderlands quickly established itself as being so jam packed with references that some people felt the need to point out flimsy resemblances, and had we left those to go unchecked we'd have articles dominated by subjective associations.
- The trivia section has a mention of what a khan is and should highlight how this NPC is a "lord of the spatula," or some such. If you want to try to attribute it to a specific khan, you will need to find a suitable link among his quotes for a solid connection. The title of "Khan" alone will not suffice. -- WarBlade (talk) 11:12, September 9, 2013 (UTC)
- What other Khan's come to mind when you hear the name?
- But hey, whatever. Suit yourself. Im not going to waste my breath trying to reason. Since like other wikis your comment indicates tightfisted control is clearly the name of the game. And you'll no doubt throw your weight around to enforce your iron grip on your little fiefdom. Seen it before dozens of times.