i would like to ask the community not make it sound like sleuths have discovered something as obvious as listed achievements. ty.22:09, December 14, 2012 (UTC)
We can at least expect it to be released next week (18th december), since Randy Pitchford stated, that it will come before worlds end...only 48 hours for playing (i live in Europe and play on PS3...others will have 72 hours) it through is not really much, but doable.22.214.171.124 08:10, December 15, 2012 (UTC)
Randy said A DLC would come out before worlds end, did he not? I really doubt this will come out before than, as that leaves about a very long gap between now, and when the final DLC was supposed to be released, which would be june 2013. But than again GBX have said alot of things that turn out to be false, either way I look forward to this. 126.96.36.199 05:08, December 17, 2012 (UTC)Mr_steamwhistle
- Not sure why you still think the fourth DLC will be released in June, especially since everything else has come out early so far. Besides, I remember reading that they are planning on DLCs on top of what is in the Season Pass, so who knows if the 4th DLC is the "final" DLC? Grindfest (talk) 16:27, December 17, 2012 (UTC)Grindfest
I agree with Grindfest, there's always the possibility that there will be more DLC than four.16:57, December 17, 2012 (UTC)
"Buy the season pass and get all Four downloadable content packs for the price of three -- a 25% savings. All Season Pass content will be available by June 2013" Source: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Borderlands-2-Season-Pass/6087cc0a-9bcc-4b2c-9129-4492e950706c?cid=RSS That's why. I just assumed GBX would space the DLC out better, as DLC 4 is supposed to be released june 2013, and there likely won't be any additional "campaign" DLC, as only four are to be released for the season pass, leaving a long gap between DLC 3 and 4. You might be right though, I was just sticking to the plan.188.8.131.52 04:50, December 18, 2012 (UTC)Mr_steamwhistle
Shi-shi-shi (my way of laughing) - avaible by June 2013, doesn't means, that the 4th is released then...it is just a set deadline for themselfes. It can also come out in february and all will be still avaible by June 20184.108.40.206 05:12, December 18, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, the 4 planned DLC will all be out by June 2013. By June. BY June. If they keep at their current pace, they will have all 4 out by Valentines Day and they'll have time to develop other awesome stuff. Like other DLCs (Who says they'll stop at 4?) playable characters, better gear, fixing bugs, or even that crazy level cap increace everyone seems to be in a tizzy about... Grindfest (talk) 21:57, December 18, 2012 (UTC)Grindfest
- January 15th?!? SERIOUSLY!?!?!? What the hell happened to "Before the world ends"? You know, THE FREAKIN 21ST OF DECEMBER!!!!!
- Gearbox, thou hast greatly dissapointed me. You have landed a well placed, calculated blow to my faith in you. I know they probably don't read these pages, what with their being too busy postponing the DLC to be bothered by my opinion, but I need to vent. I guess I'll just continue to grind through PT2 during my time off of work...*sigh*. All I have to say is, now that they have an extra THREE WEEKS to work on it, it better be awesome. Don't dissapoint us again... please. Grindfest (talk) 18:56, December 20, 2012 (UTC)Grindfest.
But they did release some DLC, the small pre-order bonus ;) Plus the world hasn't ended yet, so his words still hold true.220.127.116.11 21:42, December 20, 2012 (UTC)Mr_steamwhistle
I love how there's some on here getting hissy about the fact they held their DLC back and now it's "taking to long" to release. In my opinion, they're releasing them too soon. Not saying that what they've released is bad because it's been rushed (although I do believe they could be better, especially compared to BL1's DLC) but they could spend a little more time on them, fix stuff up, add content... Or just prolong their game. If they space them out a little more, people may play their game longer. That's just my two cents, though... Abyss Raider (talk) 16:34, December 21, 2012 (UTC)
Today........13:57, January 15, 2013 (UTC)
I think its safe to assume that seeing as how there are no achievements for reaching a new cap that there isn't one. I have to say , if true, I'm very dissatisfied with the decision. One of the reasons my friends and I got the season pass was our hope that the DLC would follow a similar trajection as the first game. I understand they are releasing in much quicker succession this time around, but, I have all rare or seraph gear, so I really don't need any new weapons. I need no XP or money, which is a majority of the quest rewards. Perhaps if the level Cap was raised I'd have a real reason to want to play through the storylines. Also there are moments when Anthony Burch's writing gets old, repititous and often contradictory. I'm sure that someone else out there has to feel similarly, especially now with the 3rd DLC of 4 announced.
Maybe it is just a coincidence, but the DLC has a really similiar name to the Skagzilla Quest from BL1 "Big Game Hunter" . I hope we can hunt down giant skags....and maybe Dukino, The Invincible...Leafless (talk) 09:09, December 16, 2012 (UTC)
No, we worked too hard to get that little skag up and healthy, and in a new home. Plus, his mom was the "Skagzilla" in this game. So I think (and hope) that they will not be putting Dukino in here as a boss. It's merely a coincidence, I think. Also, our "invincible" for this DLC is a Stalker. Abyss Raider (talk) 16:00, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
Pre launch event.
I have edited mainpage with information about it. I have no clue if it needs season pass or not to get into it, nor where it takes place. I suggest that we split into zones (each guy or team 1 map) to search faster where the event is taking place. I think finding it is a must, as it'll only last 24 hours.
- I got sledge's shotgun from Pete the invincible, so I think it's just in general. Rare shotguns will drop more often. --El_Nazgir 17:16, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- I edited the mainpage, not whoever didn't sign. In any case, it IS in general, no particular place, and another event may start now as the page says the last one ended at 11AM CST. CrackLawliet (talk) 17:20, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
Seems more difficult
I'm not quite sure what it is, maybe it is the way the enemies attack, or their health or what, but just playing through the first couple quests of this DLC and i feel much more challenged than the other 2. Maybe it is just me. Haruko2 (talk) 05:40, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, considering that everything that has been said officially states that this DLC is supposed to be a continuation of the story, instead of just a massive side-quest, then it stands to reason that the enemies should be harder. Just like CNRR and Knoxx were for BL1. I for one welcome the challenge! Grindfest (talk) 14:21, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- It is harder, and they stated that. Witchdocters can be BS when they go into tornado mode (though I think phaselock can get them out of it), borok's head seems to reflect bullets, and scaylion minions and broodmother are basically immune to normal damage (I hit 15k on minion and 8k on broodmother with a 7.5k infinity and a +46k Bee, seriously). Fanboat lightning orb thingies can kill you in 2 hits if they connect, even with over 50% extra health, and they pretty much screw all your shields too. Spores were neutral or so they said during the 1h showcase. BS, when you come too close they start bombarding like hell. Only enemy which I encountered so far (20 minutes into the DLC) which weren't complete arses were the drifters. --El_Nazgir 15:29, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I'm in TVHM. None of my characters are around the playthrough 1 level so I thought I'd just go through on TVHM on my first go. So yeah, it's tough, wish I had more time to check it out, but, exams... --El_Nazgir 16:18, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- I started by reloading my character and choosing Normal, figured I'd get all the quest completion in both modes. BTW, anyone trying this after playing some time in TVHM will find the quests laughably easy. Playing as a lv 45 Mechro, the only challenge is hitting something after stacking Anarchy to 400 :) Grindfest (talk) 17:16, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- But with 400 anargy, everything is a joke :P Except for the end boss (no, not dokter nakayama, I mean the one which was actually a fight and not a punch). He's bullet immune (even more so than badassasaurus, he doesn't take ANY damage from it and reflects) aside from some very hard to hit crit points. I must say best end boss fight in borderlands 2 so far. I had more trouble with him than I have with Pyro pete (who's a pushover really :P ) --El_Nazgir 19:29, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
Uhm....is this a joke?
The main-quest line of this DLC was...short...it was shorter than a Midget!
What are they thinking? Starting from the 1st DLC on they became shorter and shorter. Will the next DLC only consist an intro and then the credits? And again only blue rarity stuff (nothing bad about blue rarity....there are great blue weapons...just not in the DLCs) and Seraph shit (great...you want to deepen the multiplayer-experience gearbox, but you ruin the single player experience more and more)....that most players want legendary weapons seems to be irrelevant to them.Leafless (talk) 14:33, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Seraphs are about equal to legendaries, and you pretty much know how many times you have to kill the boss(es) instead of random frustration on the 50+th kill and no drop. It seems they did specifically make voracidous so you can't solo him, though I'm not discouraged yet.
- As for length, yeah, that's true, it was very short, but lots of sidequests and about the same number of areas as torgue if I'm not mistaken. Still, the end boss was the most satisfying and difficult of all the end bosses of BL2 so far, so kudos for that. --El_Nazgir 14:39, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
the lamentable lack of content is likely more due to the fact that most of the people who will ever own dlcs 1 thru 4 have already paid for it (or did so long ago). that said, please blog your solution to the vorac problem.14:58, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I talked about Jackenstein with El_Nazgir...and this one only needs good aiming.
- And also all people, who will buy the Complete Edition (Maingame + all DLCs) will be very disappointed...
- Leafless (talk) 15:10, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
note that goty wont cost 90USD (vanilla game + season pass).15:45, January 17, 2013 (UTC)(unless, of course, goty = vanilla + season 1 & 2)
Does anyone have any idea what these Eridium fireplaces are? They look just like the fireplaces from around the game, but have chunks of unrefined Eridium in them, and you have the option of putting more pieces of your own in. When I do it, I don't get a reward or anything. Any ideas? Jazzlizard (talk) 18:14, January 17, 2013 (UTC)