Question: Does this skill reduce the cooldown by 1second for every point beyond 5?
Refire vs. Deploy
If you have rank 5 of Refire and could hit an enemy once every 3 seconds, Refire (plus natural decay) would reach 100 points in 36 seconds.
For compairson, Rank 5 Deploy reduces the cooldown from 100 to 40 seconds.
Because it will not always be possible to hit an enemy every 3 seconds for 36 seconds in a row, and because Refire only works while in combat, Deploy is better than Refire.
On the other hand, if you already have 10+ points in the Infantry tree and none in the Support tree, you can immediately invest in Refire, whereas Deploy would require you to invest 10 points in the Support tree to make Deploy accessible. Servius 19:42, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't understand why you would make a metric based upon hitting an enemy every 3 seconds when Refire's internal cooldown is 2 seconds. I'm going to change the note to the 2-second calculation until someone provides a reason to do otherwise.
- In addition, I feel that the "(in seconds/points)" portion of the description should show "seconds". Even if it's not very accurate, all of the other skills descriptions have been purposefully copied verbatim from the in-game descriptions, and Refire should be no exception. —ProtonZero 03:31, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
"Refire reduces the cooldown of the Scorpio Turret by a percentage of the maximum cooldown; this means that level 5 Refire combined with level 5 Deploy would actually reduce the cooldown by 2.5 seconds."
Very vague and does not explain how the conclusion is arrived at.
What is the percentage? Do you have any breakdown or steps of how 2.5 seconds was calculated? This would be incredibly helpful.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 22:12, 8 March 2012
- There has been a lot of research surrounding Deploy, but this is the first time I've heard of something like this. It was apparently "written" by user ProtonZero, when he himself was fixing the mess left behind by an anon.
- I'd be INCREDIBLY surprised if this is true, as deploy doesn't actually reduce cooldown, but increases the regeneration rate of the skill_pool. The very notion of "maximum cooldown" is inexistant for
Borderlandsthe Scorpio Turret. This is all very well documented.
- I'll will investigate. I'm leaving for the weekend, so expect result on tuesday. happypal (talk • contribs) 11:44, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
The article states that launchers and Eridian weapons don't start the refire cooldown. Do hits from your Scorpio turret count and start a cooldown?