I just got one called "Spring Time Octo" that deals Corrode damage, so it's not just Shock or Slag. 188.8.131.52 07:22, October 4, 2012 (UTC)
I got a "Bulk Octo" that fires 10 pellets. The extra 2 pellets double up on two of the pellets already in the pattern and almost go in the same hole, but it changes which pellets get doubled randomly with each shot. Doesn't seem to ever fill in the missing one, though.TheJoebiusStrip (talk) 01:51, March 8, 2014 (UTC)
Not sure what to call that string (not the description or red text), but the "I order the food, you cook the food" line on the wiki page is a quote by Squidward, from Spongebob Squarepants. Kinda odd considering he's a squid, not an octopus, but close enough? Jimwormmaster (talk) 00:35, December 1, 2016 (UTC)
- That was not trivia, nor did it have any place as a caption. -- WarBlade (talk) 19:39, December 1, 2016 (UTC)
Factors of Pellet count
What exactly raises the pellet count to 10? The Gentle prefix should be the only thing that increases the pellet count, but none of the guns on the variant chart have it. In fact, I can't find anything in common:
- Of the Octos with 10 pellets, only #4 and #12 have the same grip, so it's not the grip.
- Of the Octos with 10 pellets, only #1 and #8 have the same stock, so it's not the stock.
- All 10-pellet Octos have either the bayonet accessory (#1 and #5) or no accessory (#4, #8, #12). However,
- 6, #10, and #14 lack accessories while having 8 pellets, so it's not the lack of an accessory.
- Of the Octos without accessories, elementals have 8 pellets while non-elementals have 10 pellets. But #5 has 10 pellets and an elemental capacitor, so it's not lack of an element.
- And it's not "has both an element and an accessory or neither" because like #5, #10 also has an element and an accessory, but has 8 pellets.
- It's purely a function of the date at which the screenshot was taken. At some point, Gearbox changed the base pellet count for the weapon. Base count has been 10 since then, 12 with the Gentle accessory. Dämmerung 16:02, May 26, 2017 (UTC)