For the record, this thing is funny as heck when paired with the (pre-nerf) bee.
Anomalously low thrown damage
Against a L72 Target Practice dummy, I compared the thrown damage of a Deliverance with a similar Tediore shotgun.
All testing was done with an Axton with no skills, no classmod, no relic, and no badass bonuses.
- Weapon A: L72 Swiss Deliverance, Torgue grip. Magazine size 6. Damage 85469x6
- Weapon B: OP1 New and Improved Sportsman, Tediore grip. Magazine size 8. Damage 83774x6
Each weapon was fired until it contains 5 rounds in the magazine, then thrown at point-blank range. The test was repeated three times, retaining the highest damage numbers.
- Weapon A, the Deliverance, did 723K 734K 768K damage. Max 768K.
- Weapon B, the Sportsman, did 1198K 1214K 1214K damage. Max 1214K.
Testing showed that both weapons' thrown damage increased linearly with the number of rounds remaining in the magazine. The distance that Deliverance traveled had no effect upon its thrown damage, nor did the number of time that Deliverance fired en route.
After correcting for the difference in the two weapon's cited damage ratings, the Deliverance did only 62% of the thrown damage that a Sportman with the same amount of ammunition would do.
Dämmerung 01:04, May 7, 2014 (UTC)
- So this shotgun sports lower stats to make up for its extra ability? How should the Deliverance be used, then? Shoot once then throw it in a way that makes it fire multiple times before colliding with the target? I just found a Deliverance and it appears to be absolutely terrible. Cybersteel8 (talk) 08:16, June 15, 2014 (UTC)
Deliverance From Loot Midget(Normal Vault Hunter Mode) maybe also an increased chance?
I got the Deliverance from a Loot Midget when farming for Jimmy Jenkins with the Doctor's Orders mission. Could it be more common from them and Tumbaa? Note: I was in Normal Vault Hunter Mode
- No. Loot Midgets drop everything. Dämmerung 22:07, July 16, 2016 (UTC)