More energetic than your average nova.
|Game:||Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel|
|Special Part(s): |
Special Weapon Effect
More energetic than your average nova. – Always incendiary. Increased nova damage and radius.
Usage & Description
The Supernova has a vastly increased nova radius that increases the shield's effectiveness in enclosed areas with groups of enemies.
- Due to a coding bug, it is possible for the Supernova to spawn with four different materials rather than just the predefined one. Normally, a legendary shield has a predefined material, either custom or the standard Epic rarity material. The material difference affects the shield capacity, nova damage, and nova radius, even when all other parts are the same.
- Common (Same skin as white rarity Maliwan shields)
- Uncommon (Same as green rarity)
- Rare (Same as blue rarity)
- Epic (Same as purple rarity)
- When the Supernova spawns with the Uncommon skin, its rarity colour will be magenta, although it is still sorted in the inventory as if it were a legendary shield. The magenta rarity version does not have any different properties than the other versions of the shield, apart from the usual material grade bonuses.
- The Supernova can spawn with a Maliwan capacitor, granting the "Inflammable" prefix and burn immunity to its wearer. It cannot spawn with resistance against any other element.