More energetic than your average nova.
|Game:||Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel|
|Special Part(s): |
Supernova is a legendary nova shield in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel manufactured by Maliwan. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Bruce located in Crisis Scar.
Special Weapon Effect
More energetic than your average nova. – Always incendiary. Increased nova damage and radius.
Usage & Description
The Supernova has a vastly increased nova radius that increases the shield's effectiveness in enclosed areas with groups of enemies.
- Due to a coding bug, it is possible for the Supernova to spawn with four different materials rather than just the predefined one. Normally, most legendary items have a unique appearance of either a custom one or the standard epic rarity material. The material difference affects the shield capacity, nova damage, and nova radius, even when all other parts are the same.
- Common (Same skin as white rarity Maliwan shields)
- Uncommon (Same as green rarity)
- Rare (Same as blue rarity)
- Epic (Same as purple rarity)
- When the Supernova spawns with the Uncommon skin, its rarity colour will be magenta, although it is still sorted in the inventory as if it were a legendary shield. The magenta rarity version does not have any different properties than the other versions of the shield, apart from the usual material grade bonuses.
- The Supernova can spawn with a Maliwan capacitor, granting the "Inflammable" prefix and burn immunity to its wearer. It cannot spawn with resistance against any other element.
- The name and flavor text refers to the celestial body of the same name, which can be the final stage of a star's life cycle where it grows significantly, burning up all the remaining fuel, before collapsing into either a dwarf or a black hole.