“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Storm is a legendary sniper rifle in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Maliwan. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Katagawa Jr. located in Atlas HQ on Promethea.
Special Weapon Effects
Tut, Tut, it looks like rain. – Always shock. Only spawns in charge-up single fire mode. Spawns 4 shock orbs around the impact point that electrocute anything in a radius around it. Significantly increased damage over time. Consumes 2 ammo per shot.
Usage & Description
While the Storm can be used as a standard sniper rifle, its true strength lies in its ability to create area-denial spots. Enemies near the shot location will be constantly electrocuted, and the Storm's high damage over time will easily kill any enemy that does not move away in time. In turn, it is extremely generous when it comes to missing.
Amara can boost the effectiveness of the Storm the most, as she has abilities that increase her elemental damage, especially shock.
- As of the April 24 2020 update, the Storm is glitched and will not spawn lightning spheres on hit. This issue is shared with the Firestorm.
- Hotfix 3/5/2020: Damage greatly increased.
- The line "Tut, Tut, it looks like rain." comes from the 1966 animated featurette Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree, based on the book Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne. Christopher Robin recites the line while holding an umbrella, pretending Pooh is a storm cloud.
- The Storm is a returning weapon from Borderlands 2 but as a legendary weapon instead of pearlescent.
- The weapon's default skin is a modified version of the Thunderhead weapon skin, and is also similar to the Brainstormer.