Statuesque is an optional mission in Borderlands 2.
- Search dropzone for Overseer
- Hack Overseer
- Destroy statues: 0/4
- Keep the Overseer above 50% health (optional)
After picking up the mission from the Opportunity Bounty Board, Claptrap says to go forth into the city and destroy all likenesses of Handsome Jack. A mission marker will then point to the closest statue. Shooting it a couple of times will reveal that the statues are actually bulletproof, so Claptrap then updates the plan with the objective to locate an inactive constructor.
The remainder of the mission is spent guiding the Overseer through the city and protecting it while it uses its lasers to dismantle Jack's statues. There are four statues to be destroyed in total, and each statue will be guarded by more Hyperion forces.
If the Overseer's health drops below 50%, a transfusion grenade or Maya's Restoration skill can be used to heal it. If it is healed above 50%, the objective will remain completed even if the Overseer takes further damage.
Once all four have been destroyed, the Overseer will make its way to the western exit of Opportunity. Finally, Claptrap will issue an order to make the Overseer dance, which causes it to do so briefly before exploding. The mission can then be turned in to Claptrap.
- "No revolution is complete until you've destroyed a few statues of a fascist dictator."
Turn In: Claptrap
Each character receives a class-specific head as well as experience.
- Statuesque becomes available after The Man Who Would Be Jack has been accepted.
- As with most missions involving dialogue from Handsome Jack, his responses are still present even after his death.
- The Handsome Jack statues are considered internally as enemies, which causes a few unintended side-effects:
- Deathtrap will attack the statues.
- Skills that activate on shooting an enemy will trigger accordingly.
- The mission used to be bugged in such a way that the Hacked Overseer could be left to continue on alone, and without nearby Vault Hunters to activate enemy spawns the robot could simply complete its statue objectives with no enemies to attack it.
- The Overseer will still destroy the first three statues without assistance or enemy obstruction, however will not leave the area of the third statue without intervention from the Vault Hunters.
- This bug is, however, still present in the Handsome Collection for the PS4.
- Life orbs from Maya's Sweet Release skill will seek out the Overseer but will not heal it.
- The Overseer's laser resembles the laser countermeasure in The Bunker, although it will not damage Vault Hunters passing through it.