“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Static Charge is a legendary artifact in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Eridian. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Artemis located in Floodmoor Basin on Eden-6.
Shock me like an electric eel. – Melee attacks deal bonus shock damage and chains to nearby enemies. Sliding builds an electric charge, which causes the next melee attack to 50% bonus shock damage and chains to nearby enemies more often.
The Static Charge artifact grants three of the following bonuses:
- Elemental chance
- Elemental damage
- Elemental resistance
- Fight For Your Life duration
- Fight For Your Life movement speed
- Melee damage
- Weapon magazine size
- Atom Balm
Increases radiation aura damage, burst damage and burst radius.
Sliding deals radiation damage and creates a toxic puddle on impact.
- Shock Stone
Melee attacks deal shock damage.
- Spark Plug
Slams plant an electrified coil that deals shock damage.
Sliding lauches a snowball that deals cryo damage.
- The description of the Static Charge's special effect is slightly misleading. All melee attacks the character deal will cause bonus shock damage and chain to nearby enemies, regardless if they slid first or not. However, sliding will cause the next melee attack to deal even more bonus shock damage and chain to nearby enemies more often.
- The Static Charge works with the Face-Puncher, Stinger and Fish Slap. It is especially effective on the Face Puncher, as it will create multiple electric chains similar to the Brainstormer shotgun.
- The flavor text is a reference to the song "Electric Feel" by MGMT.