Slow Hand is a legendary shotgun in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Hyperion and is exclusive to the Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot DLC. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from DEGEN-3 located in Impound Deluxe on The Handsome Jackpot.
Special Weapon Effects
Take your time, sugar... – Deals splash damage. Reduced projectile count and increased damage. Heals the user for a percentage of the damage dealt.
Usage & Description
While the Slow Hand's damage per second isn't the greatest at the highest levels of Mayhem Mode, the whopping 50% lifesteal provides incredible survivability. It is especially good on FL4K and Moze, due to their limited number of health regeneration skills.
The Slow Hand is also excellent at lower levels, as lifesteal effects are very hard to come by early in the game, and most enemies can't kill the character in just 1 or 2 seconds like they can when facing extremely hard enemies, allowing time to heal using the shotgun.
Elemental modifiers are ignored for the Slow Hand's life steal. So for example, it does not matter if a shock version hits shield or flesh, despite the difference in damage dealt to the enemy, the amount healed is the same. It also does not matter if an enemy's shield or armor is hit, or their flesh after shield break; even shooting the character's vehicle causes life steal.
- The Slow Hand heals for 20% of the gun damage stated on the card.
- Most damage bonuses do not increase the amount healed, but some do:
- Examples of bonuses that increase life steal: +100%/+250%/+300% gun damage anointments, Amara's Wrath skill
- Examples of bonuses that do not increase life steal: +125% against badasses anointment, +50% bonus elemental damage anointments, Amara's Personal Space or Tempest skill, gun damage Guardian Rank
- Unlike its predecessor in Borderlands 2, using other damage sources such as grenades, Action Skills or melee will not heal the character while holding the Slow Hand.
- Hotfix 12/17/2020: Damage increased by 83%, and life steal increased from 3.5% to 50%.
- The Slow Hand is a returning weapon from Borderlands 2 but as a legendary shotgun rather then E-Tech.