“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Sleeping Giant is a legendary submachine gun in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Dahl. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from One Punch located in Lectra City on Promethea.
Special Weapon Effects
Infinite path carved with unrivaled skill. – Reloading has a chance of granting random gun bonuses for the next magazine. Increased fire rate and magazine size. Potential modifiers are as follows:
- Increased damage (can be applied twice)
- Increased reload speed
- Greatly increased fire rate
- Reduced recoil and improved accuracy
Multiple modifiers can be active at once, with a 33% chance to award all bonuses simultaneously.
Usage & Description
The Sleeping Giant's buffs can make the gun very potent for the next magazine, however, the random nature of the bonuses makes the weapon's performance unpredictable and inconsistent. It is recommended to frequently reload to gain the correct bonuses as the weapon will struggle without them.
The Sleeping Giant benefits greatly from any effects that increase magazine size and regenerate ammunition back into the magazine such as Moze's Bottomless Mags skill tree, as it will avoid the need to reload and lose any bonuses applied to the current magazine.
It can be difficult to determine what bonuses were gained on reload (if any), as there are no visual or audio cues to notify the player.
- The modifiers activate about one second after reloading.
- All modifiers are removed upon switching to a different weapon.
- In the October 15th 2020 hotfix, the Sleeping Giant's magazine size was doubled, its damage bonus was increased and it gained a 1/3 chance to award all of the reloading bonuses at once.