It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Smash-Head located in The Fridge.
In Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty, Sledge's Shotgun has an increased chance to drop from Hyperius the Invincible in Washburne Refinery.
In Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, Sledge's Shotgun has an increased chance to drop from the Gold Golem in the Mines of Avarice.
Special Weapon Effects
The legend lives. – Fires a burst of two shots per trigger pull, with a long delay between each burst. +2 projectile count.
Usage & Description
Sledge's Shotgun is a combination of the high magazine of Bandit shotguns and the burst fire of Dahl weapons. It is similar to the Invader, where the reverse recoil of Hyperion weaponry is combined with the burst fire of Dahl weapons.
Sledge's Shotgun should be used like most other shotguns: close enough to the enemy that all projectiles connect. With the two-round-burst effect, increased pellet count, and high damage, it is capable of considerable "spike" damage.
Unlike all other Bandit shotguns, Sledge's Shotgun is not fully automatic. Due to the unique pause between each burst, the trigger must be pulled again to resume firing. As such, the fire rate on its weapon card may seem a bit misleading. This firing mode makes it a less viable option for Gunzerkers utilizing Keep Firing.
- As each shot consumes 2 rounds and Sledge's Shotgun fires a 2-round burst, each burst will consume 4 rounds.
- The name and flavor text of this weapon are direct references to the weapon of the same name from Borderlands.
- Aside from its burst-fire effect, there are very few functional similarities between this shotgun and its namesake. This version of the weapon lacks the knock-back, the reduced magazine size, and guaranteed melee attachment of its predecessor. Additionally, the original was fitted with a gold-plated barrel and body, while this version of the weapon is almost entirely gold-plated, except for its barrel.
- Fire-rate bonuses reduce the burst-fire delay of Sledge's Shotgun significantly. The difference is noticeable with a bonus as low as +20%. Shotgun accessories that improve fire-rate would also grant this benefit.
- The only valid prefix for this weapon is "Sledge's", regardless of accessory, grip or elemental capacitor.
- A hotfix on 10/14/13 as part of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt gave Sledge's Shotgun and all other bandit shotguns one more shot in the magazine and a slightly faster reload.