Slagga is a legendary submachine gun in Borderlands 2 manufactured by bandits. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Tector & Jimbo Hodunk located in The Dust, and from the Sorcerer's Daughter located in the Lair of Infinite Agony.
Special Weapon Effects
blagaga – Always slag. Fires 3 projectiles per shot. Increased elemental effect chance. Reduced bullet damage.
Usage & Description
With its high slag chance, huge magazine size, and projectile count, the Slagga is a useful "slag-n-swap" weapon and allows this process to be repeated several times before reloading. However, its damage output is still formidable in its own right despite the reduced damage, and weaker enemies can be killed outright without the need to swap.
Due to the increased power of slag in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, the Slagga is arguably one of the most useful weapons with its high elemental effect chance and projectile count.
- Enemies that spawn with a slag elemental status will not receive damage from the Slagga.
- Gaige can make great use of this gun with her Close Enough skill, as any shots that miss may ricochet to a target, which can effectively improve the odds of Slagging one or multiple targets.
- A hotfix on 11/05/13 increased the magazine size and damage of the Slagga and all other bandit submachine guns as part of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt.
- One of the enemies most likely to drop the Slagga, Jimbo & Tector Hodunk, can only be fought by siding with the Hodunks at the end of the Clan Wars mission arc. By doing so, the character loses the ability to fight Mick Zaford, who has an increased chance to drop Maggie.
- The Slagga can be acquired together with the Maggie in one playthrough via use of the save and exit/continue strategy, ideally just after traveling from Lynchwood to The Dust (Lynchwood Station). This is done by only killing Jimbo and Tector Hodunk after siding with the Zafords, and retrieving the gun if it drops. The option to choose a side will be restored after restarting the game. However, the game must be quit before the mission is ready to turn in, i.e. before all the Hodunks have been killed.