Skullmasher is a legendary sniper rifle in Borderlands 2 manufactured by Jakobs.
It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Son of Mothrakk located in Wildlife Exploitation Preserve.
In the Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt DLC, the Skullmasher is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Rakkanoth located in Scylla's Grove.
Special Weapon Effects
Makes your brain hurt. – Fires 5 projectiles per shot. Decreased accuracy and damage per projectile.
Usage & Description
Another legendary weapon returning from Borderlands, the Skullmasher is largely unchanged. In Borderlands 2, it features a faster rate of fire, fires a cluster of five projectiles instead of the original's six and with greater spread.
If all five projectiles connect, the Skullmasher is capable of much higher damage output than most of its peers. However, it tends to have very low accuracy for a sniper rifle and is best used at mid-range against large enemies such as The Warrior, or flying enemies.
- Consumes one ammo per shot.
- As the Skullmasher can achieve multiple critical hits in one shot, this makes it useful for faster completion of the "Longshot Headshot" challenge.
- Multiple stacks of Critical Ascensi0n can be obtained from each shot if multiple projectiles score a critical hit.
- A SHiFT code that unlocks a character-leveled Skookum Skullmasher for a single character is included in the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The caption printed on its card reads "The perfect combination of old-world class and new-world violence".
- The Skullmasher was featured as the Community Reward and dropped from Rouge for Week 3 of the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt.
- A weapon with the Skullmasher's skin appears in the intro of Zer0 Sum in Tales from the Borderlands, being used by a bandit.