“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Sir Alistair Hammerlock is an NPC in Borderlands 2. He is a hunter who dresses in a ragged, futuristic version of a Victorian adventurer's outfit. The artificial appendages are prosthetics acquired as replacements for limbs lost during a particularly nasty encounter with a thresher named Old Slappy some years earlier. He is originally from the planet Hermes and is the younger brother of Aurelia.
Sir Hammerlock is the first friendly human encountered in Borderlands 2. He agrees to repair Claptrap's eye after the Vault Hunters clear out Liar's Berg, and then begins to send the Vault Hunters out on various research expeditions on the local fauna for his as yet unpublished almanac. He soon relocates to Sanctuary, where he continues to serve as a mission provider.
Hammerlock can also be seen among the patrons of the Badass Crater Bar, although he is comparatively inactive in this area.
He becomes a central figure in the third campaign DLC, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, where he guides the Vault Hunters through their adventures on the continent of Aegrus. He is initially found at a hidden camp site in Hunter's Grotto, before taking up residence in the Aegrus Sophisticates' Lodge.
- Borderlands 2
- Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
- Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
- Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- "Hello mercenary person! I have money and a problem."
- "Do you feel that you have too many bullets and not enough money?"
- "Things need to be shot and by jove, you're the one to shoot them!"
- "I see our fearless leader Jack is looking for you. Charming fellow, isn’t he? Spouts drivel about bringing peace to the frontier, then shoots unarmed men, women and children like it was going out of style."
- A pamphlet titled, "Sir Hammerlock's Field Guide", is packaged in the Ultimate Loot Chest edition of Borderlands 2.
- According to an article published by game designer Anthony Burch, Sir Hammerlock is canonically homosexual. This clarifies lore in Borderlands 2, where Sir Hammerlock first mentions having a boyfriend in the late Taggart, and subsequent references to it are made in downloadable and promotional content.
- Gaige has a crush on Sir Hammerlock, which she mentions in Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre.
- After Sanctuary gets relocated, his name changes from Sir Hammerlock, to just Hammerlock when sighted in gun crosshairs.
- As stated in the quotes of his sister Aurelia, Sir Hammerlocks first name is "Alistair".