“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt is the third DLC released for Borderlands 2.
- "Danger! Excitement! Mustaches! It's time for another episode of Vault Hunter Adventures, featuring Sir Hammerlock! In this week's tale, our hard-boiled heroes travel to the savage continent of Aegrus! Their goal? To uncover the most exotic creatures Pandora has to offer, and give 'em the old one-two!"
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt contains 5 main missions and 12 optional missions and takes place on a swamp/jungle continent named Aegrus.
A new vehicle is added to the game, which has been named the "fan boat." It is summoned from a Catch-A-Boat and has 69 customized skins. You can also have either a corrosive, incendiary or shock weapon mod on it.
Other features include:
- Professor Nakayama - a self-important new enemy, obsessed with Handsome Jack, who is “super-pumped we’re archenemies now”, and who leads a tribe of jungle savages
- One new head and character skin for each character class
- A Stalker raid boss named Voracidous the Invincible that's "the size of a small building"
- More Seraph gear
- New Hammerlock-themed weapons
- Monster-tracking missions that have been assigned by Sir Hammerlock himself
- A new treasure room full of loot chests that can only be entered once as part of the story missions
- More Claptrap
- A new, hidden Raid Boss - Dexiduous the Invincible
- A hidden boss - Omnd-Omnd-Ohk
Prior to DLC launch, a special event took place from January 11 to 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT on Saturday, January 12, from January 12 to 10:55AM CST/ 4:55 GMT on Sunday, January 13, from January 13 to 10:55AM CST/ 4:55 GMT on Monday, January 14, and from January 14 to 10:55AM CST/ 4:55 GMT on Tuesday January 15. During this event, drop rates have been increased; first was shotguns, then grenade mods, then sniper rifles, and finally Vermivorous The Invincible spawn rates.
- This DLC's unique weaponry, including a few guns returning from Borderlands, has references to American history and to Roosevelt's love of hunting. This includes references to President Theodore Roosevelt, the military group "The Rough Riders" and the "Bull Moose" political party.