“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
- +50% melee damage per rank.
- Static 12% chance to melee attack yourself.
|Chance to Attack Yourself||+12%||+12%||+12%||+12%||+12%|
|Chance to Attack Yourself||+12%||+12%||+12%||+12%||+12%||+12%|
- Krieg hits himself with his buzz axe even while equipped with a bladed weapon. As during Buzz Axe Rampage, the weapon's increase to melee damage does not affect the melee attack to self through Silence the Voices.
- Moxxi weapons will heal Krieg for a portion of the damage done to himself with this skill. This can easily be observed when his health is below full and a shield takes all of the damage. Additionally, without shielding these weapons will decrease damage taken by the percentage of health they return (34,580 without Rubi, 30,430 with it)
- This skill's bonus to melee damage does not apply to the damage done to self. Other melee damage bonuses, such as levels in Empty the Rage or the presence of a Sickle class mod, still apply.
- When Krieg is in Buzz Axe Rampage or Release the Beast, throwing the buzz axe will receive a bonus from this skill but without the penalty of the chance for Krieg to hit himself.
- Krieg can still hit himself while Crippled.
- Due to the fact that health does not scale throughout the OP levels, but melee damage does, the damage done by Silence the Voices will be a huge portion of Krieg's health.
- Borderlands 2 Creative Director attributes this skill's self-damage to the "psycho side" of Krieg fighting back against his "hero side," striking himself about the head to silence the inner voice. 
- If Krieg hits himself with a regular melee attack, he will hit himself with his left hand. If he hits himself during Buzz Axe Rampage, it will be his right hand.
|Buzz Axe Rampage|