Sickle is a legendary assault rifle in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Vladof. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Anointed X-4 located in The Anvil on Eden-6.
Special Weapon Effects
Swing the sickle! – Increased projectile damage, recoil and ammo consumption. Fires projectiles in the shape of a sickle. No alternate firing mode.
Usage & Description
Although the Sickle is classified as an assault rifle, it functions in every way as a fully automatic shotgun. Since the weapon fires from a permanent shotgun underbarrel, it benefits from shotgun damage modifiers instead of assault rifle damage and it can earn progress toward shotgun challenges. Additionally, it benefits from the larger reserve ammo pool of an assault rifle.
Because of the fixed firing pattern, it is best used at extremely close range, which is not unusual for a shotgun. From a distance, it should be aimed slightly below and to the left of an enemy's crit spot, to account for the unique shape. Due to its heavy recoil, the user should fire in short bursts to make the gun easier to handle.
- There's a 14% chance that the Sickle will spawn with a "Boom" prefix, granting it +150% Weapon Damage, -57% Fire Rate, and causing the weapon to deal splash damage. The large damage per second increase, especially combined with Moze's splash damage skills, makes this weapon much more effective. While the unique pellet pattern rewards point-blank combat, caution is recommended as the splash damage can cripple the character.
- Unlike other Vladof assault rifles, the Sickle only replenishes its ammo on reload after the user cocks the gun, instead of after replacing the magazine.
- Hotfix 3/5/2020: Damage increased. Fire rate increased.
- It originally had an increased drop chance from the Warden until a patch was made to spread out the loot pools of some bosses.
- The Sickle has a similar special effect to the Hammer from Borderlands. Together they form the hammer and sickle, a symbol of communism.
- The Sickle ejects shotgun shells when it is fired.
- While the Sickle fires from a permanently active shotgun underbarrel, the weapon icon and inspect weapon view incorrectly shows the default rifle barrel in the active position. The first-person view and photo mode do correctly show the attachment as being activated (although after prolonged firing, the inactive default barrel glows red and emits smoke).