Scav is a manufacturer introduced in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, composed of weapons and equipment haphazardly put together by the unruly and cantankerous scavengers of Elpis to defend and expand upon their ill-gotten collections of salvage. Much like their creators, scav armaments are simplistic, brutish, and wickedly deadly.
Scav weapons are functionally identical to bandit weapons in Borderlands 2. They feature enormous magazine sizes, but with long reload times and generally poor overall stats. Scav weapons use the same design as bandit guns, but have different textures.
The names of scav weapons generally contain poor grammar and spelling. Additionally, their names and prefixes make frequent use of Australian English slang.
• Arse-Kicker! • Donk! • Ender • Handgun • Over-Drive
• Straight-Shooter • Shotty • Sweeper • Firehose • Bangstick
SMG • Shooter • Spot-On • Tangy • Spicy • Shokking • Chilly
- Assault Rifles
• Arse-Kicker • Bang Stick • Gattler • Rat-A-Tat • Rokkets
- Rocket Launchers
• Launcher • GeeZee • Kaboomer • Crap-Storm
- Pistols – Party Popper
- Shotguns – Boganella
• Meat Grinder • Marek's Mouth • Fast Talker
- Assault Rifles
• Boss Nova • Cry Baby
- Pistols – Zim
- Shotguns – Sledge's Shotty
- Assault Rifles – Fusillade
- Rocket Launchers – Badaboom • Thingy
- SMGs – Cutie killer
There are few exceptions to this scheme:
- Straight-Shooter shotguns always spawn with Zero'd-In prefix.
- Sweeper shotguns always spawn with Two-Shot prefix.
- Firehose shotguns always spawn with Three-Shot prefix.
- Bang Stick assault rifles always spawn with Musket'd prefix.
- Rokkets assault rifles always spawn with Shoom prefix.
- All rocket launchers with Bandit grip always spawn with Knifey prefix even if with elemental capacitor.
|Accessory Effect||Pistols||Shotguns||SMGs||Assault Rifles||Rocket Launchers|
|Fire rate +||Kwik-Smart||-||-||Savage||Kwik-Smart|
|Bullet speed +||-||-||-||Over-Drive||Rev'd Up|
|Reload speed +||-||Kwik-Load'd||Kwik-Load'd||-||Clever|
|Critical +||-||Bloody Oath||-||-||-|
|Magazine size +||Increas'd||Fair-Go||-||Engorg'd||Deep Pokket|
|General boost +||-||Mateship||-||-||-|
Gun Appearance by Quality
- White weapons
White-quality scav weapons are composed of a whitish metal with some faint blue visible. All common-quality scav weapons use vertical box magazines.
- Green weapons
Green-quality scav weapons are made primarily of a mottled blue metal with some rusty brown components. Assault rifles retain their box magazines, while pistols and shotguns use drum-fed ammunition.
- Blue weapons
Blue-quality scav weapons are styled with a visibly cracking purple paint. Pistols and shotguns revert to using the simpler box-fed magazines, while assault rifles move to belt-fed ammunition with a side-mounted ammo box.
- Purple weapons
Purple-quality scav weapons are dark blue, overlaid with lighter markings somewhat resembling Luneshine, but orange in color. Pistols and shotguns return to drum magazines, and assault rifles retain their ammo belts.
- Legendary weapons
Legendary weapons retain the rusted-metal look of lower quality weapons, but come in several colors. Some legendary scav weapons have overlays similar to that of purple-quality weapons.