- "Nothin' like a turret kill!"
- — Axton upon killing an enemy with the turret.
Sabre Turret is Axton the Commando's Action Skill in Borderlands 2. It is both the name of the skill, and the turret deployed by the skill, an automated weapons platform that can distinguish friend from foe and dominate a small area of any battlefield.
The Sabre Turret's initial form is modest, but Axton's skills can change the turret's basic model to fill a variety of roles. It can be equipped with ammunition belts, rocket pods, a targeting laser, an extra gun (which fires Slag), a shield emitter, and mag-lock bases). Other skills (a nuclear explosion when deployed, longbow technology, and the ability to deploy two turrets simultaneously) improve the turret's offensive and tactical use but don't actually change the turret's appearance.
- Initially, the turret is thrown like a lobbed grenade and will activate on any solid ground surface it lands on.
- With Mag-Lock, it can stick to walls and ceilings.
- With Longbow turret, it will teleport to its destination.
- Without Mag-Lock, the turret will drop to the closest ground surface before activating.
- The Sabre Turret can be manually deactivated before its timer expires, which refunds some of the ability's cooldown in the process.
- If it is reclaimed as soon as it is deployed, 80% of the cooldown is refunded.
- If the turret is destroyed, the cooldown is not refunded.
- The turret takes 3 seconds to deploy.
- The turret has a base duration of 20 seconds, which can be increased to 44 seconds with enough points in the Sentry skill and the correct class mods.
- Double Up and Scorched Earth will reduce the turret's bullet damage.
- Without any points in Sentry, the turret fires 8 shots per burst.
- The Sabre Turret's health level scales to Axton's level (this also applies for Overpower levels).
- The Sabre's base cooldown time is 42 seconds. This can be reduced to 33.6 seconds with five points in the Resourceful skill and can be further reduced through class mods or relics.
- The turret counts as a separate entity from Axton, and its main guns are thus affected by the fire rate bonus from the Gunner class mod (which boosts team fire rate). On the other hand, turret damage does not count towards the life steal effect provided by Moxxi-themed weapons and thus cannot be used to heal Axton.
- With Gemini, the skill's duration starts as soon as the first turret is launched. If the skill ends, both turrets will despawn.
- The second turret is bugged and is not subject to Sentry's burst count boosts.
- If the first turret is destroyed, the skill will instantly end.
- All bonuses to the first turret will also be applied to the second turret
- When the turret is first deployed, it has accelerated targeting speed until it begins firing at its first target. This bonus does not take effect if the turret has been deployed on a wall or ceiling with Mag Lock.
- The turret will continue firing as it is disappearing at the end of its duration. Kills made by the turret during this time do not count as kills made by Axton and will not revive him if he is crippled.
- If the Sabre turret fails to deploy (this often occurs with Longbow turret), it will instantly despawn and 100% of the skill's cooldown is refunded.
- The Sabre Turret is manufactured by Dahl. The corporation's logo is visible on the turret's body.